Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In talking with Glock/Smyrna this morning, I learned that they are now about 600,000 pistols behind in production. I was inquiring about Blue Label Discount ordering, and the nice lady told me that they were that far behind in their orders. She also told me that it now takes 5 months to get a pistol that is ordered through that program, if ordered directly from them...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Glad to hear business is good for Glock.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
don't doubt what you were told, but my question not only for glock but smith and wesson and ruger as well? if nobody has guns, guns source, gt distributors. centerfire guns, executive gun runners in az, camfour distributors in mass and texas, etc did they stop making guns all together. if they are still making guns where are they going? as you know i'm in mass we don't have any, arizona don't have any and georgia don't have any. thats a pretty big area of the country that doesn't have guns and this has been going on for a while now. if you ask me somethings wrong here somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Not seeing a shortage here in RVA. At the gun show this weekend I had a dealer tell me that they saw more business in the first 2 hours here than the saw the entire previous weekend. People are stocking up in the event the 27 of July doesn't go right or the election is a bust.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
don't doubt what you were told, but my question not only for glock but smith and wesson and ruger as well? if nobody has guns, guns source, gt distributors. centerfire guns, executive gun runners in az, camfour distributors in mass and texas, etc did they stop making guns all together. if they are still making guns where are they going? as you know i'm in mass we don't have any, arizona don't have any and georgia don't have any. thats a pretty big area of the country that doesn't have guns and this has been going on for a while now. if you ask me somethings wrong here somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not short here, except for my crazy new SA XD-S, which seemed to take forever to appear...I know the S&W Shield is scarce, still...Aside from new models, not seeing that here. However, I was on a Military installation recently, and at the gun counter, the guy told me that their three distributors were having a hard time getting guns...The lady at Glock told me that they were trying to keep guns moving to dealers...so, I agree..all of this really makes little sense...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If I want a Glock blue label, I can drive 2 hrs and pick one up at the discount price + tax and leave with it, or call Ed's Public Safety, or one of the other regional Blue label dealers, order, have it sent to a local FFL (25 miles) who doesn't charge a fee, and just pay shipping...just depends on how fast I want it...and if they happen to have them...Ed's is apparently a big player in this market, and seems to keep most of them in stock...at least when I call they seem to have them...They're near Atlanta, and I'd guess move a lot of pistols for Glock/Smyrna. I wish it wasn't so hard for you guys to find them.
I will admit though, it's been a while since I talked to Ed's...one of their guys told me last time that they have a standing order with Glock...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i go to my lgs everyday he's a retired leo like myself, we hold court and solve the problems of the world! when he tries to order guns to sell there are no m&p, no ve, no sd, no bg 380 and no shields. however the shields, and sd are not mass compliant yet and there is only one m&p that is. rugers are pretty much mass compliant but there are no sr1911, no40c, no9c, no lc9, and no lcr. glock isn't too bad but i recently bought a 36 and had to wait for about three weeks. if your in the gun business i would think you should have guns to sell! maybe its like the cabbage patch dolls of the 1980's you couldn't get them either!

·
Registered
316 Posts
My dealer has a pretty good inventory of Glock, S&W, and Springfields along with a lot of other brands. When I told him I wanted a Shield in 9mm it took him about a week and a half to get it for me. Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts