Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help as to what upgrades are good options from the get go. I just recently purchased a G20 and want to trick it out a little. I have looked at springs, rods, triggers, and everything in-between. Which aftermarket upgrades are the best ones to buy and where do you purchase them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for the help. :confused:

Trey

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
It's pretty much whatever you want/need... Except for trigger sometimes, and sights, I haven't really found the need to do a lot to any of my Glocks...I put a little range time on 'em, of course, but I CC mine pretty much stock...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I haven't shot a G20, and I'm not sure how you feel about the trigger, but I might venture there for a modification...Is there any particular thing you don't like about it...?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Fiber Optic or Fiber Optic/Night Sights and 3.5 # connector is what i do and have done to my G20SF.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The 3 things I change out first are the stock slide lock, slide release and the trigger connector. In my opinion the OEM slide lock and release are just a fraction too small to get a good grip on if in a stressful situation. Then I swap out the trigger connector for a Ghost 3.5 trigger connector. The last set I picked up from LoneWolf . For visual differentiation I found a company that makes billet aluminium back plates with custom engraving. Just in the event someone pick up you gun at the range it makes it easier than pulling out your serial number list. I think I have a picture of it somewhere in the picture threads. They are pretty nice and many to choose from.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Here is the company for Billet Aluminum Rear Slide Plates. It looks like they have extended their production line to other weapons now too. Looks like I'll be shopping today. Damn it for looking!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There are not really things that I don't like about it, except the fact that it has a plastic guide rod. I am sure that this is not a major issue but it is something that I am not uses to. I am ok with the trigger but everything can be made better.

ZombieKiller57: Thanks for the link for the back plates that is next on the list. Is there any certain slide lock/release that I shoud get?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There are not really things that I don't like about it, except the fact that it has a plastic guide rod. I am sure that this is not a major issue but it is something that I am not uses to. I am ok with the trigger but everything can be made better.

ZombieKiller57: Thanks for the link for the back plates that is next on the list. Is there any certain slide lock/release that I shoud get?
Correction LoneWolf calls it the Slide Stop. They have several different types but I get the Extended Slide Stop. It adds a larger protrusion to the top of the release so you finger doesn't slide off as easy.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

This is the Extended Slide Lock This is easier to grab onto as well. The points are more pronounced. It is a fraction wider so it's not as flush to the frame as the stock version and I believe it has 4 points rather than the stop 3 points on the end. It's just easier to grab onto when breaking down the weapon. I don't understand why Glock has not adopted this as OEM. I would bet there is no cost difference.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the help. Rowabi that is my problem I see all of these thing and did all of this research before hand now I am back at square one. I am going to order the backstop, extended slide release, and the extended slide lock. I think that this is a good starting point and will hold me over for a little while. Hell i may even splurge and order the stainless steal guide rod and the recoil spring to go with it.

Thanks for all of the helps guys I really appreciate the help and look forward to the next round of questions.

Trey

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an extended mag release, Tritium Night sights, Biohazard slide plate, and a pierce grip on my carry mag that matches my grips. Since its my carry gun I dont dare lighten my trigger. I got the slide plate from brownells.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here is the company for Billet Aluminum Rear Slide Plates. It looks like they have extended their production line to other weapons now too. Looks like I'll be shopping today. Damn it for looking!
Yeah they did...Looks like I have a new grocery list for the A.R....Man just when I thought I finally had it Finished.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just ordered the back plate for the Glock. First piece down and many more to go.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
IF you want to shoot hot loads or lead bullets I'd get a barrel with better chamber support. TRUGLO sights are nice to have as well! (see pic) Other than that maybe a NY1 spring and a 3.5 connector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trey3, Be careful of making too many changes too quickly....just a word of caution. Also be careful of going with too light a trigger pull. Unless you're into competition shooting and need a light, fast trigger then stick with the stock trigger pull. Going to a 3.5# pull when you're not used to it you could find that you discharge a bit sooner than anticipated. Look at why you want to swap out the part and what you hope to accomplish, then make your selections carefully from a point of need rather than cosmetics. A set of good sights is a better investment than tinkering with the trigger first thing out. Not a criticism, just an observation. Stay safe!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'd just spend money on new sights (if you have the plastic stock ones) and ammo & shoot the heck out of it. Then you'll know if anything needs to be changed :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah they did...Looks like I have a new grocery list for the A.R....Man just when I thought I finally had it Finished.
I know, I don't believe they did the AR line when I ordered mine back in November. Now that the Colt M4 is available in a Civ version I may have to buy one so go along side my Sig 556

1 - 20 of 39 Posts