Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome to the forum santee, using lead is a good way to have a barrel blow out or even worse someone could get hurt. Glock barrels use polygonal rifling rather than the traditional lands and grooves. The use of lead in these barrels causes lead to build up on the rifling. Think of a clogged pipe. Too much lead build up and a round the pipe and boom in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
welcome to the forum santee, using lead is a good way to have a barrel blow out or even worse someone could get hurt. Glock barrels use polygonal rifling rather than the traditional lands and grooves. The use of lead in these barrels causes lead to build up on the rifling. Think of a clogged pipe. Too much lead build up and a round the pipe and boom in the wrong direction.
What he said !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you reload or just want to shoot lead then you should get an aftermarket barrel. Lone Wolf has a barrel for any glock in several styles for about $130. Not a bad investment and you don't void your factory warranty.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Same here I stay away from lead because I don't want to spend the extra time cleaning and to avoid the extra exposure with lead being toxic and all.
Agreed...we're exposed to enough in the environment, cleaning supplies in general, and especially some of the gun cleaning stuff, without intentionally sticking our faces in that junk...but, to each his own...just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts