Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a G27 a few years ago and not sure on which generation it is but I am looking to sell/trade it for a full size semi auto pistol (also going to a 9mm I believe so it'll be cheaper to shoot). I'm hoping you all can tell me what generation it is and a ballpark price for what I should ask for it.

I have a 9 round magazine and 13 round magazine for it, a black RH BlackHawk CQC holster (with paddle), a LaserMax guide rod laser, and Tru Dot night sights . Here are some photos of it, it's in great condition IMO aside from a little holster wear on the slide at the end on the right side. I am the 2nd owner, and if I'm not mistaken the original owner was in law enforcement and this was a personal gun. I've probably put 200 rounds through it since owning it and haven't had any problems or jams (as expected).

Here is a handful of photos including the sights/laser in the dark: Photo Album - Imgur

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's now illegal to own a G27 due to the firing pin making the gun go in to full auto mode when firing. (Not controlled by the user). I am a licensed fully auto disposal service and I can assist you in "unloading" this firearm without federal legal repercussions. Send me a message and I can make the arrangements for you.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just kidding! Of course! Nice looking firearm and I'm sure you will have no problem selling it! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Not really sure what I should ask for it, I'm seeing people asking $450 for stock ones, so I'm guessing with the laser and night sights probably $600+. Is that about right?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome, Heath.

Hard to say what's it worth until it sells. I don't mean that in a smart ass way, but the selling price depends on the local market on any given day.

You could always start at $600 and see what happens. You might even want to see if anyone will trade their G19mor G17 for it with some cash thrown in.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I agree with RMD. Start at 6 and see what happens. It's a plus having the laser. Those are quite expensive. A good trade might be nice too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm wanting something with a traditional safety so I am leaning towards the Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm. I'm also a lefty so I like having the option of having safety/mag release on the other side although I think I will also practice right hand shooting as well.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
what they go for brand new

glock 27... $500.00
lasermax...$300.00
pearce grip $10 bucks
blackhawk holster $35.00

so $650 should be a good price but if you can't get it strip the laser and sell it on EBay. it should draw $200.00 used

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i sold a g27 with crimson trace laser for 900.00. here in mass they are scarce because the law says you can't buy new ones here. decent price is probably 600+ most places. just a suggestion you may want to look at the s&w m&p they have models with ambi safety and it only takes a few minutes to swap the mag release to the other side. i know this because i have one and i am lefty also. and if your interested theres a place in mass called four seasons guns he sells 14 year old g27 for 700-750. catch is your glock had to be made prior to 10/21/98 he also has new m&p for 479. maybe you can work a deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm located in KY and from what I've seen G27's are selling for ~450 stock. Since mine has a laser, night sights, and etc I think I might start at 700 since people are going to try and lower anyways, and probably be satisfied with $600+. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i sold a g27 with crimson trace laser for 900.00. here in mass they are scarce because the law says you can't buy new ones here. decent price is probably 600+ most places. just a suggestion you may want to look at the s&w m&p they have models with ambi safety and it only takes a few minutes to swap the mag release to the other side. i know this because i have one and i am lefty also. and if your interested theres a place in mass called four seasons guns he sells 14 year old g27 for 700-750. catch is your glock had to be made prior to 10/21/98 he also has new m&p for 479. maybe you can work a deal.
Just curious why cant you buy G27 in mass? To small or just a goofy law? Thnks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts