Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm providing a link to Veterans Outreach Program. This is a non-profit organization that exist to assist ANY veteran in times of need. This includes medical issues, personal issues, anything really. As does any organization like this, they do accept donations however they have lots of programs set up just to be able to help more and more veterans each year. I am volunteering my time to assist the program with updating the web-site, helping host events all around the state of Alabama and just pretty much assist with anything they need me to do that I am capable of doing. Please check out the web site when you have time. Means a lot to the men and women that serve or have served!

Veterans' Outreach | TO SERVE AND HONOR

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
A great idea !

Reactions: ArmyCobra1

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A great idea !
Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time. Considering I'm retired and no longer able to work, I have lots of free time and I'm at their service anytime and all of the time when they need me!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
We (people) sit in front of the movie screen and watch war and when it’s done get up and walks out but they never see the other side. The mental destruction it does to a person’s mind. They don't understand until it’s too late and the unspeakable is done

When I was in the service I went in in 1977 so I was on the back side of Vietnam but a lot of fellow soldiers still had it fresh on their minds. One thing that was noticed and respected was they never talked about it. They made it a point to bury it and act like it never happened. That is/was a time bomb waiting to happen for some

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We (people) sit in front of the movie screen and watch war and when it’s done get up and walks out but they never see the other side. The mental destruction it does to a person’s mind. They don't understand until it’s too late and the unspeakable is done

When I was in the service I went in in 1977 so I was on the back side of Vietnam but a lot of fellow soldiers still had it fresh on their minds. One thing that was noticed and respected was they never talked about it. They made it a point to bury it and act like it never happened. That is/was a time bomb waiting to happen for some
Yep! You are so right. I happen to know a civilian Psychiatrist that works with veterans. she told me how many of these men and women contemplate suicide and although I wasn't shocked to hear it, I was surprised at the amount of these people going through this mental trama! Any help we can provide is a must for these men and women!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I went to the VA hosp and told them I had a low energy level and the next thing I know they are setting me an appointment with a shrink. I went just to clear the air but that was it, I am not getting marked by anyone

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I meet with my psychiatrist and psychologist every now and then. Nobody says that I HAVE to but I do because I WANT to. With not having the ability to work because of my injury (much less stand or drive a car), I find it helps sooth me and helps me cope with the fact that my body isn't in the same shape as when I was young and never will be. Every person has different reasons why they do or don't meet with a certain kind of doctor, etc. It's all my choice and since the VA takes very good care for me, I have no problem seeing whichever doctor I want to see as often as I want.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have no problems meeting with them I just don't want it on record. It might come back and bite you in the butt if you ever have a shooting and I don't want to give them that chance

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
nice one ac! i worked for the state and a few times a year we could run programs to help vets kind of like a work shop and waive all the fees for them. i use to look at there paper work and they were mostly my age and i would think to myself there but for the grace of GOD go i.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have no problems meeting with them I just don't want it on record. It might come back and bite you in the butt if you ever have a shooting and I don't want to give them that chance
Yes be careful of that. I heard a while back that there has been a rise in the number of Vets that have been asked to have sessions with psychiatrists. This may not necessarily have immediate repercussions but think about this. Who are the best people to train the sheep that have awoke if the time comes? What if they have been stripped of their right to carry due to potential mental health issues and have been rounded up? Think it's all a conspiracy theory? Everything starts with a theory but eventually manifests it's self into being. On a lighter note "Happy Thursday" everyone :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I hear ya, I am a firm believer in the tin foil hat stuff. When you have that many people thinking along those lines there must be some truth to it

imageshhhhhhh.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts