Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Good luck finding one. Mine is one of my summertime CCWs. Wouldnt part with it. They are a great gun, hope you find one.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Good luck finding one. Mine is one of my summertime CCWs. Wouldnt part with it. They are a great gun, hope you find one.
texcowboy, Have you got any experience with the .357 sig..? Thinking about looking at both the "boomers", for my next one...G29, and G33..I don't have either caliber in the arsenal that I lost in the boating accident...:p
Wondering what the differences would be in a Gen3 G29SF/Gen4 G29, in the grip...:confused:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
texcowboy, Have you got any experience with the .357 sig..? Thinking about looking at both the "boomers", for my next one...G29, and G33..I don't have either caliber in the arsenal that I lost in the boating accident...:p
Wondering what the differences would be in a Gen3 G29SF/Gen4 G29, in the grip...:confused:
don't know about the 357 sig but the 10mm is a power house. on line there is hickock 45 who does a knock down power test of different calibers. i was shocked to see the 10mm right there with the 45 and the 357 magnum.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My three summertime CCWs, and I alternate weekley, G29SF, G33 and G36. My cooler weather CCWs (when a covering garment can be worn) G20SF, G21SF RTF2 and G31. My G19 is my range gun and used for my Teenaged Grandson to shoot.

I like the 357 auto over the 40 cal because to me the recoil is more back then snapping up, much like the 45acp. The 10 MM is a blast to shoot, in the G29SF I use Winchester Silvertips, in the G20SF I use the hotter loads (Buffalo Bore).

The 10MM is the baddest of the three in that it has the same fps at 100 yards as the 45 acp has at the muzzle.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Anyone have a good used one they'd be willing to part with?
Eligible for the Blue Label Discount? If so, I believe they're running about $464...Doubt you'd find a nice used one for that...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I sure would like to be eligible for the Blue Label Discount, but at age 71 (I'm still kicking, just not as high as I used to) I doubt any Law Enforcement Agency would be interested in hiring me :}. Although, I am a Volunteer with my Local small town Police Dept, working in Court and Citizens on Patrol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
don't know about the 357 sig but the 10mm is a power house. on line there is hickock 45 who does a knock down power test of different calibers. i was shocked to see the 10mm right there with the 45 and the 357 magnum.
I have a G20 Gen 3 (which is my favorite pistol) and to me has a bit more explosiveness when it hits targets. I've read full load 10mm is pretty darn close to a .41 mag but I don't have a .41 mag revolver to compare it to. That little G29 in 10mm is a Motor City Persuader, no question about it - so good luck on your purchase!

My next purchase will be a G29 as backup.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I sure would like to be eligible for the Blue Label Discount, but at age 71 (I'm still kicking, just not as high as I used to) I doubt any Law Enforcement Agency would be interested in hiring me :}. Although, I am a Volunteer with my Local small town Police Dept, working in Court and Citizens on Patrol.
texcowboy, you'd be qualified in my book...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts