Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Warning on Glock sports /combat holster for LG 10mm/.45 ACP and G.A.P.Gen-4 models .

These holsters do not for some reason have the tabs found on the smaller 9x19/ .40/ .357 sports /combat holsters ,on each side to keep the holster from collapsing on the mag release ,without theses tabs the slightest presser on this area of the holster can cause a premature mag release as well as drawing the pistol can result in the mag falling out of the gun if one touches this are of the holster with the strong hand on presentations...

This seem to only be an issue with the Gen -4 modes due to the newer, larger mag release...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I looked at mine and the only tabs on the inside are for the trigger guard to lock in

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks rowabi...

Bye the way I ordered a new large sports /combat holster from Glock for my G-21 Gen-4 hoping I just had an older version but they sent me the same type , so I set it back not even sure if Glock is aware of the issue with this type of holster with the larger frame Gen-4's...

Sorry for the poor pictures :(but you really need to have both holster to compare ...

DSC_5036.jpg

Note the tabs (lug's) on the smaller holster on the right ....

Hope this helps...:)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I never really thought about it but I didn't know there was more than one type of this holster. when I modified mine so I could glue it in my belly band I took the locking lug down by the trigger guard but I never thought about the other lugs

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never really thought about it but I didn't know there was more than one type of this holster. when I modified mine so I could glue it in my belly band I took the locking lug down by the trigger guard but I never thought about the other lugs
barstoolguru,

You're OK if you have Gen -3 LG frames guns but not the LG frame Gen-4 guns , the smaller sports/combat holster version with the taps (lugs) works well with both Gen-3 and Gen-4 9x19/ .40/ .357 guns...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Is there a different sport/combat holster? As far as I know there is only the one, I haven't seen another.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Is there a different sport/combat holster? As far as I know there is only the one, I haven't seen another.
I'ts the same sport/combat holster from Glock, just one is larger than the other ,but on the larger one the inside is slightly diffident ...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Glad to hear it is only on the GEN 4, mine works grat on my GEN 3.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I went back to my Uncle Mikes IWB. The good thing is that the 23 and 36 both fit it very well. I've been doing a little comparison and found that the Uncle Mikes is made to feel "very relaxed". Not relaxed enough to make you accidentally pull the trigger. Honestly, feels almost as if there is nothing there. Love it. Gonna buy a couple more since they are so reasonable! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the Glock holsters work well and are a great value and should not be over looked , except for the LG frame Gen-4 guns....

I hope Glock CS see's or hears about this....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Hardball: Those are the very same guns I have and use them for the same thing you said- you must be a smart guy, too. Jon

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just don't understand what it's doing here , please remove these remarks by "qwyingshao":confused:

"are unable to put on a watch when you are cooling off.4"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts