Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum and just bought a g21. Yes im from chicago, crook county to be exact. Anyho, i rented about 7 or so guns to see which one i liked and the glock just had something the rest didnt. I shot a sr9, a cz75, a baretta 92fs and a glock 19. The glock 21 just stood out from the rest. Now dont get me wrong, the cz 75 was a beautifully smooth gun, but i have big hands and the g21 felt perfect. I cant wait till monday to pick it up.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Welcome and by the time you read this there is a good chance you'll be dead according to FBI stats...lmao

imagesCAM7XL6K.jpg

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The G21 is a good choice ! Let us know how you like it and ask questions if need be.
The vast majority on this forum are friendly guys.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear where you live. I've spent some time there!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome and by the time you read this there is a good chance you'll be dead according to FBI stats...lmao

View attachment 747
lol, nice thanks. yeah not too bad where i live, but still makes me want conceal carry real bad.
Welcome to the Forum. The G21 is a good choice ! Let us know how you like it and ask questions if need be.
The vast majority on this forum are friendly guys.
Thanks. I liked the way the 21 shot. the 19 just didnt have enought oomph to me, and i like the solid feel of it. I only learned after i made my choice that people really like the g21, i was afraid that the gen 4 version was problematic but when the salesman told me it had the extra spring to lessen recoil, i just said ok, lets do it.
Welcome! Sorry to hear where you live. I've spent some time there!
Thanks, and I know. i check the news on conceal carry every day just hoping that we get it. Where have you spent time here before?

·
Registered
960 Posts
lol, nice thanks. yeah not too bad where i live, but still makes me want conceal carry real bad.

Thanks. I liked the way the 21 shot. the 19 just didnt have enought oomph to me, and i like the solid feel of it. I only learned after i made my choice that people really like the g21, i was afraid that the gen 4 version was problematic but when the salesman told me it had the extra spring to lessen recoil, i just said ok, lets do it.

Thanks, and I know. i check the news on conceal carry every day just hoping that we get it. Where have you spent time here before?
Lived across the cheese curtain in Kenosha. Drove to Lake Bluff every day for three years for work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lived across the cheese curtain in Kenosha. Drove to Lake Bluff every day for three years for work.
Oh, ok. Ive lived here my whole life, well so far, but i can see it getting worse and worse.

I do have a general question. I need to purchase ear protection for my gf and I and i see a lot of people with the howard leight impact sport electronic earmuffs. Are these really that good? cause they go for ~$50 online and i just cant justify spending that much unless they are really good.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh, ok. Ive lived here my whole life, well so far, but i can see it getting worse and worse.

I do have a general question. I need to purchase ear protection for my gf and I and i see a lot of people with the howard leight impact sport electronic earmuffs. Are these really that good? cause they go for ~$50 online and i just cant justify spending that much unless they are really good.
I don't own any of those electronic devices. I use foam ear plugs and earmuffs on top of that. I can't afford to loose much more hearing. That high-pitched turbine engine takes care of that enough over the years! Yes, even in aviation, you will still lose some hearing even with hearing protection over time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't own any of those electronic devices. I use foam ear plugs and earmuffs on top of that. I can't afford to loose much more hearing. That high-pitched turbine engine takes care of that enough over the years! Yes, even in aviation, you will still lose some hearing even with hearing protection over time.
I have seen people double up too. And my gf actually wanted to do that cause some people bring shotguns and in a indoor range that is really loud. So ill probably just buy a bulk assortment of foam ear plugs and a couple sets of earmuffs.

I just cant wait to get my gun! Im not gonna lie, ill probably be playing with it for about an hour or more when i get it, and read every word of that manual.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Have you picked a way to carry yet? Have you looked at holsters or considered one? You know what kind of gun you have you might want to look at holsters for carry around the house in the dead of night if you need to do an inspection. It will work better for you then walking around with a gun in your hand.

Even though this is a gun discussion board we don't cover law as a general rule so get read the self-defense laws for your state. It just might save you a lot of money. even better sign on to a state gun law board for your state to help in understanding your laws

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum.I have some experience with the Howard Leights. The guys that I shoot with love them. They swear they can hear a gnat fart but a SBR doesnt even get there heart rate up. I like the surefire ep4 earbuds. They work just fine and cost about $13. However if you have to wear ear protection for extended periods the cartlidge at the back of your ear will vibrate and cause head aches, which is why the HL and similar products work better for extended periods of fire. Like classes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you picked a way to carry yet? Have you looked at holsters or considered one? You know what kind of gun you have you might want to look at holsters for carry around the house in the dead of night if you need to do an inspection. It will work better for you then walking around with a gun in your hand.

Even though this is a gun discussion board we don't cover law as a general rule so get read the self-defense laws for your state. It just might save you a lot of money. even better sign on to a state gun law board for your state to help in understanding your laws
I havnt looked at any holsters yet. The guy at my local gun shop had a glock and when he put it back in his holster it clicked in place and i think i would like something that locks in a little better. Im gonna check out a discussion board and see what i find, cause that would be helpful. I doubt i would be able to carry in my yard but that would be alot better. Ill also have to do a check on here to see what kind of holsters are recommended, cause im not too small of a guy and i doubt a lot of holsters will work for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum.I have some experience with the Howard Leights. The guys that I shoot with love them. They swear they can hear a gnat fart but a SBR doesnt even get there heart rate up. I like the surefire ep4 earbuds. They work just fine and cost about $13. However if you have to wear ear protection for extended periods the cartlidge at the back of your ear will vibrate and cause head aches, which is why the HL and similar products work better for extended periods of fire. Like classes.
Thanks. I will have to see if i can try them before i jump in and get them. Im also gonna try to double up and see how that goes but i still wanna be able to hear someone talk too. Thats where i thought those earmuffs would be great.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
try a glock sport/combat holster, they are cheap (13.00) and work very well. but then there is fobus and blackhawk serpa that SOME seem to like. it's not a matter of walking around with it but it will help if you need to just go out around the house

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I though Camden NJ was the murder capital? Don't criminals know about Chicago's strict gun laws? Anyway Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
try a glock sport/combat holster, they are cheap (13.00) and work very well. but then there is fobus and blackhawk serpa that SOME seem to like. it's not a matter of walking around with it but it will help if you need to just go out around the house
I will have to look at these and see what one would work best.
Welcome aboard...
Thanks!
I though Camden NJ was the murder capital? Don't criminals know about Chicago's strict gun laws? Anyway Welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure, I heard we were the worst but maybe not...yet. Lol, I might just create a group to let criminals know that they could be breaking gun laws and do jail time. Lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome from Colorado!
Thanks!
welcome to the forum G21 is a good choice
Thanks! I know now that i made a good choice. I got it yesterday and played with it. Cant wait to shoot it! But i do have a question. In my booklet it says to clean/lube the gun before i first shoot it, and from what i learned on here i am supposed to just shoot. What should i do?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts