Glock Forum banner

Weapons Lights Any Recommendations?

6K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  Newen 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I'm new to accessory rails and was wondering what lights you guys use and would recommend. I don't want it to be too bulky but I want good illumination. This will just be for home defense.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

#5 · (Edited)
Hi MikeS,

I pondered that very question a while back and being the cheap SOB I am, I bought a green laser off ebay...two in fact. One for my Sub2000 and one for my G34. I was somewhat OK with them but I always had a significant doubt that they would "be there" when I needed them most. Today, I picked up a Viridian X5L Gen2...not cheap. All I can say is..."Holy Crap"...what a difference! There IS a reason they cost so much more! The X5L Gen2 has a literally blinding, strobing, could double as a camera flash, light on it AND a green laser that completely wipes the floor with my ebay laser. The construction of this thing is aircraft grade (I know...32yrs jet engine mech). They (Viridian) will have holsters to accomodate the X5L Gen2 soon if you decide to pack the outfit. I have no doubt that this laser will be put in a trust for my heirs!

Ed
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Video link...
[video]http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/edorfox/Glock34/?action=view&current=MVI_0380.mp4[/video]

#9 ·
I have both the Streamlight TLR-1s and TLR-3 and recommend both. The TLR-1s is all aluminum, has a strobe feature and uses 2 CR123 batteries. You can pick one up on Ebay for less than $100 to your door. The TLR-3 is a polymer light that uses a single CR2 battery. It is VERY light weight. Ebay has them for around $85 shipped. Both lights come with multiple keys to fit a variety of weapons including the Glock. Streamlight just came out with the TLR-4 at the SHOT show. It is the same as the TLR-3 but has an integrated laser. My HD pistol wears the TLR-1s and I use the TLR-3 as part of my EDC. Make sure whatever you get is the LED version. Batteries last much longer in the LED's versus the incandescent ones.

#11 ·
im gonna order my glock gtl 22 tomorrow they are sweet. light and laser in a light weight, durable, water proof up to 10 meters package. they fit a glock like a glove and look like they are built onto the gun itself really cool looking. but mainly cause they are as tough as the glock itself, i dont want some aluminium casing thats gonna bend, dent, or even break on a doorjam or if it gets dropped.

#14 ·
Oh Cool!! A new member with a worthless post!! That's 2 in 2 days!! WhoooooHooo!!:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.