Glock Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Continued education - after the conceal carry purchase.

Hello owners, protectors,

I found your group by searching for info about Johnny Glock, met him today and viewed his work. Impressive mods for the Glock, the trigger break is a tad light for me, but the reset gap reduction is impressive. He is in Venice, FL at Quick Draw 941-484-2656 — the stippling he does on the grip is fantastic.

So I am here now, and I have a couple questions for the forum.

First, I would like to say welcome to Philip, Helena and Kyle, as well as the rest of the team at Verticalscope.com. You have an impressive client base; I imagine good things are in store for Glock, the Glock forum and personal protection in general.

And, a bit about me - I have a certain experience in dealing with domestic battle. During my teenage years, some thirty years ago, I was in a daily battle for my life. I have been shot numerous times with a large caliber weapon, had numerous surgeries, as well as a few ready weapon scenarios - without discharge. I’ve had to live with the aftermath of those crazy years and sure have learned a lot.

All of these events were as a civilian, a causality of circumstance, if you would like to read some of the stories I am working on toward my book, they can be found at www.lifebracket.com.

So to my questions to the forum:
1) Do you think gun owners, especially the new carry public, would benefit in (workshops, seminars, conferences, etc) and as a result come away with an increased knowledge in domestic battle, as it relates to emotional wellbeing and reality re-adjustment.

2) Meaning I have this gun, hopefully I will never have to use it on another human, but if I do then what?

How do I process, cope, understand and accept the events that unfolded on that day?

2a) What do you feel would be the best types of venue to support those in understanding the power they hold in their hands? I have to eat and pay rent so that needs to be a consideration as well.

Thanks for your time, I welcome your input.
CS

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Hello owners, protectors,

I found your group by searching for info about Johnny Glock, met him today and viewed his work. Impressive mods for the Glock, the trigger break is a tad light for me, but the reset gap reduction is impressive. He is in Venice, FL at Quick Draw 941-484-2656 — the stippling he does on the grip is fantastic.

So I am here now, and I have a couple questions for the forum.

First, I would like to say welcome to Philip, Helena and Kyle, as well as the rest of the team at Verticalscope.com. You have an impressive client base; I imagine good things are in store for Glock, the Glock forum and personal protection in general.

And, a bit about me - I have a certain experience in dealing with domestic battle. During my teenage years, some thirty years ago, I was in a daily battle for my life. I have been shot numerous times with a large caliber weapon, had numerous surgeries, as well as a few ready weapon scenarios - without discharge. I’ve had to live with the aftermath of those crazy years and sure have learned a lot.

All of these events were as a civilian, a causality of circumstance, if you would like to read some of the stories I am working on toward my book, they can be found at www.lifebracket.com.

So to my questions to the forum:
1)Do you think gun owners, especially the new carry public, would benefit in (workshops, seminars, conferences, etc) and as a result come away with an increased knowledge in domestic battle, as it relates to emotional wellbeing and reality re-adjustment.

2)Meaning I have this gun, hopefully I will never have to use it on another human, but if I do then what?

How do I process, cope, understand and accept the events that unfolded on that day?

2a) What do you feel would be the best types of venue to support those in understanding the power they hold in their hands? I have to eat and pay rent so that needs to be a consideration as well.

Thanks for your time, I welcome your input.
CS
I've always hated the stippling on polymer framed pistols, BUT some of the fancy stuff I'm been seeing on another thread in this forum is awesome!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Everyone talks about the 10mm Glock 20 or 29 as the definitive backwoods Glock gun. That 31C is no slouch. Nice gun.
Agreed. The .357 Magnum is more than adequate for outdoor needs in most parts of this country.

The .357 Sig is about as powerful. It's just not a revolver, so it doesn't look as powerful.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just shot my glock 19 gen4 for the first time today. I shot three mags and had 7 failure to eject and some to feed. I looked at mags and looking at front of mag where front of bullet would be its all chewed up and also the extra toros bent to the right. Its brand new and I love how the gun shoot and feels. I need to get this fixed any ideas if I could text you the pic's it would help A ton
Sell it and and get a XD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Agreed. The .357 Magnum is more than adequate for outdoor needs in most parts of this country.

The .357 Sig is about as powerful. It's just not a revolver, so it doesn't look as powerful.
Are guns like cars...if you add a K&N sticker and a Flowmaster sticker it is a guaranteed 50 horsepower boost. If you add a sticker to the side of your Glock 357 SIG grizzlies will cower at the sight. More than likely, a modern Charles Bronson movie would include a Glock 357 SIG with a sticker.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Are guns like cars...if you add a K&N sticker and a Flowmaster sticker it is a guaranteed 50 horsepower boost. If you add a sticker to the side of your Glock 357 SIG grizzlies will cower at the sight. More than likely, a modern Charles Bronson movie would include a Glock 357 SIG with a sticker.
If you rack the slide on a pump shotgun, bears will run screaming to their mommies, pissing themselves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy here

El Chorizo said:
Thanks for registering at Glock Forum! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,
Glock Forum
Thanks, I have an early Glock 19, manufacture date December 2089. I'm hoping for some armorer help along the way starting with interpreting the mfg date. I appreciate the add to this forum !

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Well, I figured that I would give a shout out, but then I forgot what I was doing. That happens about 12 times a day now. But when I came here in 2015, it was only 2 times per day.

Glad to be here though! I may be dead by this time next week, so I take advantage of what time there is.:rolleyes: I am older than dirt, and I feel like it too.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts