Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I have to say this is "Smashingly Nice Range Darling" (think Mr. Howell). I didn't take the tour to see the tactical ranges but it has a great store front and some nice inside ranges. I liked it so much I paid for a membership. I figure since it's 10 minutes from the house I will definitely use it more than twice a month. It's being touted as the largest indoor range in the country.

Here is the Range I was on. The target is at 30 ft. All digital controls allow you to set the distance you want for the target and it will stop when it gets there. You can set the target to pivot on a timer as well. Pretty sweet.
Wood Flooring Floor Composite material Gas

This was the results of 50 rounds at 30 feet from my G23 3Gen
Fluid Font Art Liquid Gas

This was the first time shooting with my new 3S Tactical Gloves.
Sports gear White Product Glove Black

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nice Shooting. Damn nice looking range that you have there. That is what I need around me.

I like those gloves. How were they to shoot in?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice Shooting. Damn nice looking range that you have there. That is what I need around me.

I like those gloves. How were they to shoot in?
The gloves are very nice. I was worried how it would effect my shooting. This is the first time in 30 years I've ever shot with gloves on. I've looked at many gloves lately tying to find a pair I liked. Most were either too thick and bulky or too thin with no knuckle protection. These fit right in the middle. The knuckles are not wide pieces of hard plastic, more like hard rubbery material and they just cover the knuckles. They don't have a lot of padding but they do add more texture for a better grip, and lastly the trigger finger can be flipped back to give you full tactile trigger control without removing your gloves. The best part is I only paid like $25 bucks for them. They may not be the best choice for a field operator but LEO or Tac team member they fill a great need.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice shooting. where can I get some magic gloves?

·
Registered
655 Posts
The gloves are very nice. I was worried how it would effect my shooting. This is the first time in 30 years I've ever shot with gloves on. I've looked at many gloves lately tying to find a pair I liked. Most were either too thick and bulky or too thin with no knuckle protection. These fit right in the middle. The knuckles are not wide pieces of hard plastic, more like hard rubbery material and they just cover the knuckles. They don't have a lot of padding but they do add more texture for a better grip, and lastly the trigger finger can be flipped back to give you full tactile trigger control without removing your gloves. The best part is I only paid like $25 bucks for them. They may not be the best choice for a field operator but LEO or Tac team member they fill a great need.
That is awesome. $25 is not a bad deal either.

Thanks ZK

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Good shooting at 30 ft, and congrats on the new range membership ! I have a pair of Hatch brand Motor Officer gloves that I wear for summer gloves when riding the Harley. i have been meaning to try shooting in them also.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Good shooting!

I like my indoor range, too - especially when the weather isn't cooperating.

Those support posts are gonna get tattooed pretty good I'm thinking :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
They sound nice...great price...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Great shooting...and that range does look nice...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good shooting!

I like my indoor range, too - especially when the weather isn't cooperating.

Those support posts are gonna get tattooed pretty good I'm thinking :)
Yeah, they already are. Here is a piller from the range I was on today. Keep in mind they opened 5 days ago.
Rectangle Plumbing fixture Wood Composite material Gas

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good shooting at 30 ft, and congrats on the new range membership ! I have a pair of Hatch brand Motor Officer gloves that I wear for summer gloves when riding the Harley. i have been meaning to try shooting in them also.
Thanks, I can already tell this may be a bad thing for my bank account. I went back today, They have 60% of their firearms retail stock in. They do a price match for local shop prices and my membership gets me a little more in a discount. Not to mention NRA Classes, and close enough to go every night. I'm already running out of .40 range ammo and down to 1 box of 9mm. No gun shows in RVA this month. I may have to travel up the the Nations Gun Show in Dullas.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some results of todays run from 30'

First up H&K USPC LEM .40
It's been a while since I shot this one. I forgot the site need to cover what you want to hit. After I remembered that they started to fall where they should.
Font Circle Measuring instrument Clock Handwriting

Next Up Sig P229 9MM DAK
Font Art Handwriting Ink Circle

and Finally G27 4Gen
Dishware Font Tableware Art Serveware

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here are some results of todays run from 30'

First up H&K USPC LEM .40
It's been a while since I shot this one. I forgot the site need to cover what you want to hit. After I remembered that they started to fall where they should.
View attachment 192

Next Up Sig P229 9MM DAK
View attachment 193

and Finally G27 4Gen
View attachment 194
Took all the toys out! Nice shooting. Now I need to get to the range. Lets see if the wife will let me?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
But alas...new ranges are like new Wallyworlds...cool, neat, clean at first...after a while,....well, you know...but we keep going back 'cause they have what we need...Congrats...that is a nice one...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great looking range would really like to check that out.
Very nice shooting to. You were definitely zeroed in on the target.

Obviously with shooting like that the gloves didn't hurt, but did
they help?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would say that they probably did help as they were tactical gloves so they allowed more friction on the weapon allowing a better grip, faster and more accurate followup shots.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts