Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I didn't see anything specifically on it so wanted to check.

I have a model 23 and want to start reloading. I understand I want to stick with jacketed bullets, but when I check my loading manual (Lee), it says "Do not use reloads in Glock or similar guns with chambers that do not fully support the cartridge due to the intrusion of the feed ramp."

What are they referring to as far as not fully supporting the cartridge due to the intrusion of the feed ramp?

I'm new to reloading, so want to make sure I get off on the right track.

Thanks for e help!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. In my interpretation, Glock doesn't recommend reloaded or remanufactured ammo in any of their firearms or it will void the warranty. Personally, I don't use them and never will. I don't mind spending the little extra for factory boxed ammo. Everyone has a different opinion on this subject, and that's mine for what it's worth! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
this is what its talking about; the underside of the round at the base of the feed ramp. the loose tolerances of a Glock chamber to except a verity of different mfg's bullet shapes so they don't jam(stove pipe) on feeding ramp. Reloads will thin out and have weak spots in the shells that will cause a KB downward into the trigger area
View attachment 644

1 - 5 of 5 Posts