Glock Forum banner

What does your Glock like to eat?

15K views 46 replies 28 participants last post by  rowabi 
#1 ·
Just curious what your Glock likes to eat? What ammo works best or do you find is the most accurate for range or self defense.

#2 ·
My G-36 will eat anything but is the most accurate with 230gr Gold Dots.

#6 ·
I have had good luck with just about everything in my G23 from Winchester, Federal and Remington. I have not tried any Russian in .40 yet. I did just pick up a 500 bulk case of Federal 40 S&W HST JHP 180gr for PP round. Looking to throw a few of them down range to see how they perform

[video=youtube_share;D0p5clf4s6M]http://youtu.be/D0p5clf4s6M[/video]

#11 ·
CCI Blazer or Blazer Brass is fine for range / target use. I prefer the Blazer Brass because it is boxer primed, and fully reloadable. I reload so it is worth the couple of bucks a box more. Brass is the most valuable component in the cartridge, so it only makes sense to acquire as much as you can, however possible. Regular Blazer has Aluminum cases, and is berdan primed. Just so you know in case you live near one. Cabela's is having a sale starting 8/25 to 9/5. They have Sellier & Belliot 9 MM on sale for just $9.95 a box. It is good ammo, and is also brass cased, boxer primed, and fully reloadable. It is also 115 Gr. FMJ. I've shot thousands of rounds of it through my Glocks without a hiccup. Bill T.

#23 ·
Pardon my ignorance but, what does 'stovepiped' mean? Does that mean the round wouldn't cycle properly and would get stuck between the ramp and slide? If so, I had that problem once when the gun was new (G30) and I was using 180gr of some sort. I shipped her off to Glock where they did some ramp work and sent it back saying the gun really did her best at 230gr - not 180gr.
This was back in 1998. I never used a 180gr again and guess what ... the problem never occurred again either.

#15 ·
Just bought my first handgun and Glock (model 19 - 9mm compact) about a month ago. Took a Glock-focused safety / operations / technique class and put put about 50+ rounds through it without a problem. Just got back from the range today and had about 7 or 8 double feeds using PMC Bronze 115 FMJ. Also shot full box of 100 rounds of Winchester White Box without a hitch. Any similar experience?

#18 ·
Ive shot a large variety of rounds through my G23, from the very good to the very cheap. Ive not had a problem with any of them. Id have to say that I prefer the Winchester line of ammo, basically cause its a cleaner shot. The cheap ammo is fun for a day at the range, but always go home and do a good cleaning before the day is out.

#25 ·
I just got a Glock 21SF and I bought Magtech 230 gr. ammo. The ammo worked great. I got it from Lucky Gunner. If you haven't bought ammo from Lucky Gunner then you should definitely check them out. They have great prices and the fastest shipping I've ever seen. From order to delivery only takes three days or so. They have the Best Customer Service ever. I've bought thousands of rounds from them for my Glock 45acp, S&W 9mm, and my Bushmaster Ar-15. Cheap Ammo For Sale | In Stock Ammunition For Sale ----Try them, you won't be dissapointed!!!!

#31 ·
My Glocks will eat pretty much everything. For self defense/carry ammo I use Winchester Ranger regardless of caliber, 9mm, .40, and .45 GAP. For practice ammo, lately for the G26 and G34 it has been Brown Bear, el-cheapo rounds. For the G37, it has been Georgia Arms Canned Heat .45 GAP.

#32 ·
Just about anything I want to feed it. For my carry load I use Hornady Critical Defense, .45 ACP, 185 gr FTX. for the range I use equally .45 ACP PMC 230 gr FMJ or Federal 230 gr FMJ. I like to feed it a box of my carry ammo at the range just to be sure my carry weapon and my carry ammo agree with each other and with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.