Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a lawful man about 99.9% of the time. What if their ever comes a time when some kinda of marshal law comes into effect and all of the sudden you have police and national guards knocking on your doors and demanding your firearms? Would you turn them over? In all honesty I would have to revert back to what charlton heston and say they can have my guns after they pry them out of my cold dead hands. Am I just being parinoid of could this really happen? Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel the same way. However, I doubt anyone in office would actually try to go for the guns. They may jack the price of ammo ip to a point that you just can't afford it but I don't think "they" would try for the firearms themselves

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
interesting statement mdbullet, it was reported earlier that social security, dept of homeland security and one other government agency had purchased large amount of ammunition and the reason was to combat civil unrest in this country and it included the military being trained to fight civilians. since then i have read that social securitys puchase, which is a division of the I G office was for training purposes for there law enforcement diviosion and not civil unrest. but i think now we are seeing an ever mounting presence of tension rising it this country. i do think that marshal law and taking of our guns will never happen, but i think its a lot more closer to likely then it was say 20 years ago.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
pleasantly present them all of your Smith & Wesson's and tell them "thank you for their service in such a hard time" and that you will do what ever you can to assist them in the matter. ...what you don't have a throw away? ;)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I agree with Burtman in that there are other ways to 'get our guns', raising the tax on ammo, creating a scacity of ammo, imposing a 'use' tax on firearms, etc. I just cant imagine a door to door 'give me your guns' event. If however that unlikely event takes place mine will be well hidden.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I feel the same way. However, I doubt anyone in office would actually try to go for the guns. They may jack the price of ammo ip to a point that you just can't afford it but I don't think "they" would try for the firearms themselves
That's what we'd like to believe...but let's don't kid ourselves...there are countries right now that wish they could have their guns back...More doubtful than likely, and I agree with the ammo supposition, but don't ever discount what the ultra left-wing crying heart liberals are capable of...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'll tell them I lost all my guns in a boating accident :)
lol...what a coincidence...so did I.. :rolleyes:
No, really...I really did this time...lol
I was just thinking...(yes, really!)...For the last 4 years, I've heard about so many things that were Bush's fault...Can I blame this on him too? :p (choppy water on the river)
Being as I'm starting all over with a firearm collection (after losing my entire collection in a boating accident) , maybe having one Glock in the safe is better than 52 on the bottom of the Ohio River...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Virginia made it illegal this year for confiscation during a emergency like happened during Katrina. That won't keep the feds from coming in if they set a mandate but I believe that our current Governor and Attorney General will forbid state enforcement of the federal mandate.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Virginia made it illegal this year for confiscation during a emergency like happened during Katrina. That won't keep the feds from coming in if they set a mandate but I believe that our current Governor and Attorney General will forbid state enforcement of the federal mandate.
Good for them...more states should follow along this path...Still, nothing would surprise me anymore, ZK...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am a lawful man about 99.9% of the time. What if their ever comes a time when some kinda of marshal law comes into effect and all of the sudden you have police and national guards knocking on your doors and demanding your firearms? Would you turn them over? In all honesty I would have to revert back to what charlton heston and say they can have my guns after they pry them out of my cold dead hands. Am I just being parinoid of could this really happen? Dave
I doubt that would ever happen. You are talking about the suspension of multiple civil liberties. Much more than would be necessary in such a time. Who would enforce it? The average cop and national guard member are pro rights. Also I find that tag line of they can have them after they pry them out of my cold dead hands a little disturbing. As part of the government I think most in society blame the wrong people for most of the evils of society. Start with the ACLU and NAACP and then all liberals.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The question here is not that the Fed's will make a grab for our firearms but rather, when and how ?

The larger question is how we as citizens will react to it as a Nation of Free God Fearing Men and Woman , having our Civil Liberties and Constitutional right systematically diminished and eventually revoked ?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yep...We take too much for granted here in this country. If you think they will never try to take all firearms, you need to get your head out of the sand, mr. Ostrich...or as my drill sergeants use to say..."Get your head out of your duffle bag"...I'm not saying it would be easy, or all in one single act, but the gears are already in motion...read up on the junk they (our leaders) are trying to pull thru the UN Arms treaty...since when should we give in to what the rest of the world wants...?...and by the way, it will be back up for vote in the very near future...W A K E UP, A M E R I C A ! :(

·
Banned
966 Posts
Both my 12-ga shotgun and SKS were purchased below the radar from individuals so no way they'll ever be pried from my fingers unless cold and dead. And if the gun dealer didn't turn the paperwork on my Glock in to anybody, they don't know I own that, either.

But to be honest, I'll die from a bee sting before the gummint comes looking for my guns. I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about things that only happen in paranoid delusions and Hollywood B-movies.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Both my 12-ga shotgun and SKS were purchased below the radar from individuals so no way they'll ever be pried from my fingers unless cold and dead. And if the gun dealer didn't turn the paperwork on my Glock in to anybody, they don't know I own that, either.

But to be honest, I'll die from a bee sting before the gummint comes looking for my guns. I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about things that only happen in paranoid delusions and Hollywood B-movies.
I agree with the bee-sting, lol..We don't need to worry, or live in fear, but we need to know that our gun rights as we know them may not always exist. But pretending that everything as we know it will always stay that way...a bit naive

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I agree with the bee-sting, lol..We don't need to worry, or live in fear, but we need to know that our gun rights as we know them may not always exist. But pretending that everything as we know it will always stay that way...a bit naive
I agree and I dont consider it being paranoid delusional to be concerned about out Second Amendment Rights being violated.

Reactions: rowabi
1 - 20 of 35 Posts