Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for a subcompact glock for a while now. A friend of mine who is a local police officer told me today that he wants to sell his generation 3 g27, because he wants a generation 4. I asked how much he says to make an offer, thats why im here. It is 8 years old around 1500 rounds through it. Great condition, he has 2 holster and 3 mags. What does everyone think is a fair price for both parties involved?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I would suggest $350 - $400. In this area it would bring $350 as trade-in, dont know about Florida. I would offer $375 and go up to $400 in negotiations with all the extras. You didnt say if it had night sights.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has just the sights that come with it

·
Registered
316 Posts
8 years old, stock sight, 1500 rounds and usual holster ware I would not go over 350. Plus if you have not had a chance to shoot it ask him to come to the range with you and try it out and see if it fits your needs. Good luck. Dave

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
all of the above is pretty much where i would be and definitely not over 400.00. reason being anything over that starts to approach the figure you can by a new one for, probably 550.00 ish. then it really depends on what your money situation is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
400 max. If it is in great shape, and comes with 2 mags at least. You can walk into a store and buy one all day for 350-450 used.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update::
I spoke to him he wants 350. I was wrong about the round count its actually 192 yes 192 you read write the only time he has fired the gun is to quality and that's 24 rounds a year for 8 years. I asked why he doesn't shoot it he said he has too many toys and not enough time.
i will be taking it to the range on Wednesday and more than likely purchase if it everything goes well.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
salvo; let's be reasonable here! buy it ! buy it ! buy it ! that is an excellent price and he must be a good friend!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
A great deal! Grab it! You also said it had the sights that came with it, could be factory night sights. Either way $350 is a big bargain.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
salvo; let's be reasonable here! buy it ! buy it ! buy it ! that is an excellent price and he must be a good friend![/QUOTE

Yes he is a great friend going on 15 years now.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My dealer has new 3rd gen G-27 going for 499.00. And his 4th gens are going for 539.00 with 3 mags, just an example. Dave
Same prices available here in the Fort Worth area at Cheaper than Dirt.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Down here a gen 3 g27 is going for for 525 and gen 4 575.
The im interested in is a bit old (8 years ) but barely 200 rounds through it its practically brand new plus 2 holsters. Thats why its such a good deal. If i were to buy a new gen3 with 2 holsters and tax im over 600 easy

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Sounds good...shoot it, see what you think...Good luck !

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well i couldn't wait til tomorrow so i am meeting my friend at the range later to shoot and have the gun smith at the range check out the g27 will let u guys know later what happens

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Deal complete put 100 rounds of wwb and 40 rounds of speer gold dots with no issues out of my g27.
Not surprised it is a glock. To make the deal even sweeter both mags have pinky extension and it has night sights.
The guy at range told me an easy 425 all day and he wants 350. Needless to say it is now MINE

1 - 20 of 24 Posts