Glock Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to competition and have been shooting a local steel match. I started with a G19 and the trigger is gritty and probably 7.5-8 lbs. So I went out and bought a G34 for the purpose of shooting the steel matches.

Forgive me if its a stupid question but what about an aftermarket barrel is superior to the factory barrel? What will it do for me? I want to improve the gun to improve my scores and am curious what benefit I would get from a "Match Grade Barrel".

·
Registered
660 Posts
You're shooting a pistol, you don't need a "MATCH" barrel. Sighting and technique will trump most everything else.

You need to understand the mechanics of shooting a pistol first.

When you're trying to get a 1" group at 1000 yds you might want to look into one.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the amount of stress relief that goes into it. long barrels whip when a bullet is forced down it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
No need for "match" barrels. It's an unnecessary expense and totally not worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool going to work on the trigger a little and see how we do with that.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Ive been told shooting a pistol accurately is one of the harder shooting techniques to master. If you are learning to shoot trigger control, grip and sight alignment will help you more than anything else. Even more so these are thing you might need to find a trainer to fully master.

I dont know very much about match grade barrels but I do know with glocks they are sometimes needed to be machined after purchased to actually fit because they fit so snugly compared to the loose glock barrel. The tolerance on a match great barrel is greater, tighter giving you better accuracy. There is accuracy difference with match grade barrels but I dont think you will notice the difference until you are shooting out at 50 yards. I am not sure on that last bit I think I read that somewhere. Hopefully someone comes along shortly with more accurate information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts