Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a g19 and a g26 and I have an extended slide release on both. the 26 is new (never fired) and I just put the extended release on it. Here is what I have noticed; with no magazine in the 19, I can pull the slide back all the way and it returns to the normal position without the slide release keeping it in the open position. I would have to use my thumb to "push" it up to the stop position. It does stay in the open position if I have an empty magazine in the gun. On my 26, everytime I pull the slide back all the way, with no magazine, the slide release will stop the slide and keep it in the open position, as if it had an empty mag in it. Which operation is correct? thank you so much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I figured it out, I reinstalled the stock slide release and it functions like the g19 now. the extended slide release came with a spring that is shorter than the stock one and it's not able to use retention against the top pin. I'll try to send it back for a replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also heard that the lone wolf brand is designed to function differently, is that true? and if so, why?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
my guess is it had something to do with what you did. normal function with empty mag inserted is for the slide to lock back. anything other than that you got a problem somewhere.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The Wolf brand barrel functions as the stock one except you can shoot lead, i.e. RNL, etc.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
my guess is it had something to do with what you did. normal function with empty mag inserted is for the slide to lock back. anything other than that you got a problem somewhere.
Welcome to the forum...I agree with 1jimmy ^^^

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the welcome and feedback, I would like to clarify that the issue is when there was no magazine in the gun. I do understand that it should function that way with an empty magazine in the gun. However, this was when there was no magazine and each time the slide went back, the spring pushed the stop in place. I reinstalled the stock one and it functioned just like my g19. I can visibly see the length being shorter on the wolf and have read several reviews of this being problematic. Some people reported that the released kept the slide open after each firing of a round, a problem that I was worried about when looking at the functioning of this extended release.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thank you for the welcome and feedback, I would like to clarify that the issue is when there was no magazine in the gun. I do understand that it should function that way with an empty magazine in the gun. However, this was when there was no magazine and each time the slide went back, the spring pushed the stop in place. I reinstalled the stock one and it functioned just like my g19. I can visibly see the length being shorter on the wolf and have read several reviews of this being problematic. Some people reported that the released kept the slide open after each firing of a round, a problem that I was worried about when looking at the functioning of this extended release.
welcome to the forum GreggyG. One common mistake is misplacement of the spring on the extended slide release when putting it in place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, just so I know, how could I install it incorrectly? The spring on the wolf one seems to be 1/8th shorter than the stock one and it slips past the top pin when fit into place. Thank you again for the guidance and feedback.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thank you, just so I know, how could I install it incorrectly? The spring on the wolf one seems to be 1/8th shorter than the stock one and it slips past the top pin when fit into place. Thank you again for the guidance and feedback.
if the top of the spring is to short to ride on the bottom of the block then yea there is a problem with the release. However the release can be installed improperly where the spring gets cocked to the side and does not contact the bottom of the block. When that happens the release can flop around causing the slide to inadvertently be locked to the rear because there is no downward tension placed on the release.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts