Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the best bang for the buck. Kinda interested in the Aguila ammo. Can get it for about $220/1000 shipped. Anybody use it?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
From the general consensus is that Aquila is low grade and somewhat dirty ammo. There are a lot of sites that offer good deals but from what I read the price of ammo is going up in the New Year. Lucky gunner.com is one that seems to come up often

Remember the price between a 220.00 dollar deal and a 235.00 deal on a 1000 rounds is only less than 1 cent per round so are you going to want to do that much extra cleaning to save a penny per round

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I have used Aquila, have 1K rounds of it in stock. Mostly use Federal Champion and WWB from Wally World. Liking American Eagle lately, a little more expensive though. The dirtiest I have used is Privi Partizan. Shot a 50 round box through my G20 and it looked like I shot 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the general consensus is that Aquila is low grade and somewhat dirty ammo. There are a lot of sites that offer good deals but from what I read the price of ammo is going up in the New Year. Lucky gunner.com is one that seems to come up often

Remember the price between a 220.00 dollar deal and a 235.00 deal on a 1000 rounds is only less than 1 cent per round so are you going to want to do that much extra cleaning to save a penny per round

Lucky Gunner is also located in Tennessee, so to go along with shipping it also costs me a 10% sales tax.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have used aquilla and did not like it. misfires and jams mostly. i stick with remington usualy from dicks or bass pro when its on sale. there is plenty of good ammo out there, winchester, lawman, federal, american eagle, hornady, corbon, blazer, etc as far as price usually with the shipipng anything you save is small.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would shoot AM and WWB all day long through my G22. I shoot 100rounds of Aguila 9mm in a nonGlock and it was fine but I would pay alittle more to get better ammo. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like to buy Speer Lawman (124gr) by the case. It was $.23/round last time I stocked up from sgammo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Over the past few years I have bought cases of each of the cheaper FMJ ammo.I'm on my second case of Aguila 9mm 124gr.FMJ.No issues so far.Actually,through my Glocks,I've haven't had any issues with any cheap ammo.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The last 1000 rounds of 9mm I bought was Independance, although a little dirty not a bad range ammo.
The last 1000 rounds of .40 was Federal and well you know how that shoots. All these were the lowest prices I found at that time per 1000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered 1000 rounds of Herter's .40SW from Cabela's ... this is the stuff made by CCI/Blazer, aluminum cases, nylon coated bullets. They're pretty inexpensive, VERY accurate, they leave no deposits in the bore, and you don't have to pick up your cases because they aren't reloadable. $296 to my door. I love 'em.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's cool...might have to give it a shot...pun intended...! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been shooting Herter's, but it is also dirty - shoots fine - no FTE or other issues - just dirty. It cycles fine through my Glock 19, but my Father-in-Law's S&W Auto doesn't like it. Picked up some CCI Blazer Brass, have yet to shoot it.

Has anyone used the nylon coated aluminum case Herter's yet? Cabela's was running a sale.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yesterday I put 200 rounds of .40 S&W nylon coated aluminum case Herter's (made by Blazer) through my Glock 27. This ammunition was accurate, fairly clean and produced a bright muzzle flash. The G27 handled all rounds without a failure.

This Herter's is not intended for nor would I use it as my carry ammo.

It is cheap and most often available. Thus, I find it a decent and inexpensive practice ammo for my Glock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts