Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what would be the best type of glock to carry for my CWP? I've heard good things about the gen 4 and cant wait to get my CWP in the mail so i can start packin heat. I just wanted to hear some information about what other people carried and how they like what the carry. thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I carry my gen 3 glock 27 most of the time, because it is a lil smaller than my 19. that being said the 19 is still quite easy to carry. I wouldnt go full size for conceal carry (17 or 23 etc). I like the gen 3s over the 4s because i carry iwb and the grips of the gen 4s are a little rougher on the skin imo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a M&P 40c, but ive heard so many good things about glocks and wanted to spread out. Im thinking about the glock 26 just because the ammo is cheaper and i could pracitce more with it compared to the price to shoot a 40 caliber. How well does the G27 shoot ?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Its very accurate for a small gun it does have some recoil though its to be expected

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would you recomend the subcompact or the compact for concealed carrying? and what do you think the best IWB is ? i ordered a glaco tritent but it is on back order for 10 weeks so i canceled the order.

·
Banned
966 Posts
would you recomend the subcompact or the compact for concealed carrying? and what do you think the best IWB is ? i ordered a glaco tritent but it is on back order for 10 weeks so i canceled the order.
I conceal a compact (23) and could've just as easily bought a 27 (subcompact in same caliber) but the larger compacts are easier to shoot accurately IMO and as for concealability unless you're talking ankle holster you can do fine with the 19/23/32 compact line in an IWB, again MO.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The compacts can be CC'ed, and are great all-around pistols, but the sub-compacts are lighter and smaller, but you give up 4-5 rounds.

I love my G26 as 11 rounds of modern 9mm HP ammo will get the job done. It's a bit easier to get follow up shots on target as well. And of course 9mm is more affordable than its bigger brothers. My next Glock will probably be a G33 as a really like the .357 SIG round.

If you're only going to own one Glock, get a compact. If you'll own more than one, I'd get a sub-compact for CC. Just my opinion.

In the end though, shot placement > caliber, so get whichever model you shoot best and you'll never regret it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I CCW all of my Glocks (see list below). During the summer the Sub Compacts (the G33 is the easiest to conceal) using a Versacarry. During cooler weather I carry the full size behind my right hip (in a variety of holsters, I have too many) or in a Galco Jackass shoulder holster.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The compacts can be CC'ed, and are great all-around pistols, but the sub-compacts are lighter and smaller, but you give up 4-5 rounds.

I love my G26 as 11 rounds of modern 9mm HP ammo will get the job done. It's a bit easier to get follow up shots on target as well. And of course 9mm is more affordable than its bigger brothers. My next Glock will probably be a G33 as a really like the .357 SIG round.

If you're only going to own one Glock, get a compact. If you'll own more than one, I'd get a sub-compact for CC. Just my opinion.

In the end though, shot placement > caliber, so get whichever model you shoot best and you'll never regret it.
True...The compacts are generally easy enough to conceal...the 23 has been a favorite of mine for a while, in the Glocks. It's all personal preference, size, clothing styles, etc...Colder months are generally easier to conceal in...all of these things have to be taken into consideration. OWB,IWB...how will you dress to conceal...? If you wear a suit everyday, you may have more options...All things considered, with Glocks, the compacts aren't much harder to conceal than the subs...
For example...differences...in Gen4...roughly 3/4 in. in length and height..width is the same @ 1.18"
G26 ................. G19
length 6.42" ..... 7.28"
height 4.17" ..... 5.00"
wt 19.75 oz... 20.99 oz.
Hope that helps...good luck :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I conceal a compact (23) and could've just as easily bought a 27 (subcompact in same caliber) but the larger compacts are easier to shoot accurately IMO and as for concealability unless you're talking ankle holster you can do fine with the 19/23/32 compact line in an IWB, again MO.
I stopped reading here. I conceal a 23C (same gun as the 23 with V type compensation). I've had the 26 and 27 but was never comfortable shooting them. IWB you have tons of holster choices. I have an Alessi leather holster that is 14 years old. Isn't as pretty as it once was but it's still holding up. These days I prefer OWB though.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I wish I could always go OWB - much more comfortable - but IWB's a necessity for me, esp. in the summer with light clothing, for concealability.
Same here, with my build and light clothing I have to go IWB. With me there is no such thing as a handgun OWB 'dissapearing under an untucked T shirt' as I see mentioned in the gun mags.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I finally came up with the perfect answer to the question of what is the best Glock for CCW . A loaded one !! :}

·
Registered
241 Posts
Same here, with my build and light clothing I have to go IWB. With me there is no such thing as a handgun OWB 'dissapearing under an untucked T shirt' as I see mentioned in the gun mags.
I agree unless you dress a certain way. I normally wear large size t-shirts untucked. Over the years have switched to extra large and normally black in color. I also find a pancake holster tends to print less. Getting ready to order some kydex so I can have that in a more stable platform.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thoughts to consider,

Unless you only have one gun, try to think of your CCW as a CCS (conceal carry system).

You can do this type of CCS with any of the calibers Glock offers 9mm , 40 S&W, 45 ACP-G.A.P,357.Sig ,10mm...

A CCS allows the most flexibility for holsters of the same size and types, at the same time giving you the added advantage of interchangeability of hi capacity mags in most cases ...

Example: I use in 9mm the G-26,G-19,G-17 rotating as needed for my CCS ... You can also have a two caliber CCS , one for summer and one for winter for example 9mm CCS for summer and a 40 S&W CCS for winter !

Although you can do this with other gun manufactures to a degree , Glock's have worked best for me in this type of CCS ...

Hope this helps...

·
Banned
966 Posts
I finally came up with the perfect answer to the question of what is the best Glock for CCW . A loaded one !! :}
And if the question is what's the best Glock for home defense the answer is, whatever one will get you to your Mossberg!

Austrians and Swedes uniting to keep Americans safe. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I want to get more than one glock in the future, so with reading with what every one said and what alex had to say about the CCS, I think that im going to get the subcompact first and move up from there on my GLOCK list. Thanks for all the help, I'm a new person on here obvioulsy and everyone has been very helpful!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts