Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just joined this forum over the weekend and I just picked up my first two Glocks (a 19/ a 26). I love both of these guns. I was just wondering if you guys(or ladies) would throw your opinion at me. I want to pick up one more handgun before I take a break from purchasing for awhile and I was think either :Glock 21, Glock 23, or Glock 22. Which one do you think I should get next in my Glock collection? (Or something else of course). Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well everyone here will tell you that you would love any of the three, I would look at a couple of things, Are you wanting to carry this for protection or just an addition to have fun with and shoot? If carry then you will have weight and size to take into account, If just shooting that won't matter. Cost per weapon and ammo is going to be about the same across the 21, 22, and 23 so that's really not a factor either. Quality, that won't be an issue. Availability of ammo .45 vs .40 not really an issue either. So my suggestion is buy all three :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i too was in your same situation and i was watching hickock 45 on you tube he did a thing on knock down power of different calibers and i was surprised to see what a 10mm could do. yes you guessed it i bought a glock 29. real nice although ammo is a bit pricey.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like your going down the same glock trail I did just much more quickly. I would consider the g30. Its about the same size as your 19 in .45 acp. I dont shoot .40 cal never will. The g21 is a great shooter, but its a handful. i just got one a week ago so with only 500 rounds through it the only thing I can say is so far so good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Here's my opinion, you'e got a mid size 9mm and a compact 9mm. The choices you mentioned are either .40 or .45, so I'm assuming magazine interchangability are not a concern, or you would have mentioned a G17, which I think could be a good choice for you. That being said, I'd go with the G21, can't go wrong with a fistfull of .45 acp:D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hey guys I just joined this forum over the weekend and I just picked up my first two Glocks (a 19/ a 26). I love both of these guns. I was just wondering if you guys(or ladies) would throw your opinion at me. I want to pick up one more handgun before I take a break from purchasing for awhile and I was think either :Glock 21, Glock 23, or Glock 22. Which one do you think I should get next in my Glock collection? (Or something else of course). Thanks guys.
Looks like you have a carry (G26) and all-around (G19) pistol. What role do you see the next one filling?

·
Registered
5 Posts
First, I'm not an experienced shooter. Just bought my first pistol ever - a Glock 23. I strongly considered the Glock 22, but if I ever wanted to conceal carry, the 23 was the right gun. My hands are average to large, and the 23 fits like a glove. Store I bought from didn't have any Gen4s but the grip was just the right size for me, so changeable backs didn't matter. The 22 gives you more magazine capacity and is a little longer/heavier - perhaps that would help with recoil. Thought, as a first-time shooter, I found the recoil of the 23 to be no problem.

As for the 21 - I might consider that for my next pistol. I've only been shooting for a month now, and I'm already thinking about more guns. Man, I'm hooked.

·
Registered
188 Posts
First, I'm not an experienced shooter. Just bought my first pistol ever - a Glock 23. I strongly considered the Glock 22, but if I ever wanted to conceal carry, the 23 was the right gun. My hands are average to large, and the 23 fits like a glove. Store I bought from didn't have any Gen4s but the grip was just the right size for me, so changeable backs didn't matter. The 22 gives you more magazine capacity and is a little longer/heavier - perhaps that would help with recoil. Thought, as a first-time shooter, I found the recoil of the 23 to be no problem.

As for the 21 - I might consider that for my next pistol. I've only been shooting for a month now, and I'm already thinking about more guns. Man, I'm hooked.
Welcome to the club!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...I'm gonna throw a monkey wrench into your plans, and suggest a Glock 36...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well everyone here will tell you that you would love any of the three, I would look at a couple of things, Are you wanting to carry this for protection or just an addition to have fun with and shoot? If carry then you will have weight and size to take into account, If just shooting that won't matter. Cost per weapon and ammo is going to be about the same across the 21, 22, and 23 so that's really not a factor either. Quality, that won't be an issue. Availability of ammo .45 vs .40 not really an issue either. So my suggestion is buy all three :)
+1 ZK you hit the nail on the head. Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Out of the 3 you mentioned, I would pick the G21.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Since you already own a subcompact and compact Glocks my vote is for G22. Personally I find full size models easier to shoot and I'm a bit more accurate with them too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.