Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used Glock 26. It was imported in early 2000. I'd like to get an original hard case with it. What type were used in the year 2000? I see them listed for decent prices, but some are rather flat and plain (which I assume are an older variety) and others have GLOCK molded into the case. Which should I look for?

Thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
Some of the older ones were like tupperware boxes. The one displayed by bsg is the current one and best one to get. IMO. :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
this is an early model but I believe they were discontinued by 2000
glock box 3.jpg

Reactions: threepdr

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
A contact at Glock said he thought it was around 2005 that the newer style came in...couldn't verify with an exact date...I thought it was before that...There's actually been three different ones, I believe...The original box had little bullet holders molded in...I had one of those, lol... discontinued that shortly after they began...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
A contact at Glock said he thought it was around 2005 that the newer style came in...couldn't verify with an exact date...
That late? Holy crap. They used the Lunch Pail for over 20 years with no design change? Well at least the never came in cardboard!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thanks Barstool, That is what I needed to know. I'll look for the later style.

Mark in Alabama
Guru was right...that answer I got from Glock just didn't seem right...called back and someone else corrected the first answer I received...I thought from all the Glocks I had purchased back around that time on that the newer style was correct...That's a great price on that case...! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been keeping my eye open for one of the original boxes just to have one. no luck yet .

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
and for the guy that has everything there is this

glock box 4.jpg

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's nice...a 10 Glock'er would be perfect...lol......That would be more like a suitcase, tho...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Now that is a beautiful site!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well at least the never came in cardboard!
Sadly it looks as though a few gun makers are going back to cardboard boxes. Earlier this year I bought a new S&W Shield and was suprised it was in a cardboard box. I got home and went to the Smith website and they were selling the nice blue plastic cases so I had to have one and orderd it. It was 17.05 with shipping. I took my heat gun and warmed up the sticker with the model and sn and pealed it off and stuck it on the new one. I have seen new Smiths and new Sigs in cardboard, I wonder if they are are going to start using them. Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts