Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we would all love to shoot bulls all day, but what should I be doing now? my best is everything (15) inside a 7x8 area at 15 yds. Iv'e only shot 300 rds so far. I geuss I'm looking for some way to judge my progress.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Lots of things to practive, bad guy/good guy targets, differant yardage, weak hand shooting, etc. Keep it fun !

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i think a lot depends on where you want to be. when the hard stuff becomes easier to me thats progress. i practice target shooting at varying distances, but i also practice point shooting on no bigger than an eight inch target at close range. if you have only shot 300 rounds your not even warmed up yet. it will all come together in do time, just keep practicing and you will do fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know we would all love to shoot bulls all day, but what should I be doing now? my best is everything (15) inside a 7x8 area at 15 yds. Iv'e only shot 300 rds so far. I geuss I'm looking for some way to judge my progress.
Thanks
Sounds pretty good to me. Personally I judge myself at the end of each range trip at 10 yards. I want a 10 rounds inside of 2 inches on center at a good pace of fire. Set reasonable goals and remember it should always be fun.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
It really all depends on what type of shooting you are training for. Is it Self Defence or Competition Target. Keeping to the basics, (shot placement and trigger control) will get you there for both of theses and should always be conducted. If you are looking for some reaction drills there are several that you could try, but again the longer you work on the basics the better the reaction drills will be.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
All good advice...simple and fun keep it interesting, which in turn keeps you interested and shooting, which will bring progress and improvement..:)
Don't judge yourself against others right now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts