Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A true Glock Story...
All kidding aside, I hung out with an old friend tonite...Lately I have sort of been ignoring my old friend, and not giving enough attention to a faithful comrade. I picked my friend up, tucked it into my waistband, and purposely left my Springfield XD-S in the safe all alone. (It's lonely in that safe...:(..Been that way ever since I lost all my guns in a boating accident in the Ohio River). So sad...:(...(By the way, I understand that one of our forum members found some ammo similar to mine in that same river... and it works...yay flex seal :)) So anyway, I carried my Gen 3 G23 with me to keep me and my family safe...and it felt good...:D ! I realized that I really have missed my old friend. Loading that mag, and chambering that round for carry was in itself, like a familiar and cherished feeling. Nothing sounds like a Glock loading up...I'm really glad I spent that time with that friend. And I plan on doing it again soon...and more often.. At least until I pick up my G30 SF... :cool: Moral of the story...?Don't let your old favorites become rejects...I just want to encourage each of you to spend time with all of your old friends...you'll be glad you did... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
960 Posts
A true Glock Story...
All kidding aside, I hung out with an old friend tonite...Lately I have sort of been ignoring my old friend, and not giving enough attention to a faithful comrade. I picked my friend up, tucked it into my waistband, and purposely left my Springfield XD-S in the safe all alone. (Been that way ever since I lost all my guns in a boating accident in the Ohio River). So sad...:(...(By the way, I understand that one of our forum members found some ammo similar to mine in that same river... and it works...yay flex seal :)) So anyway, I carried my Gen 3 G23 with me to keep me and my family safe...and it felt good...:D ! I realized that I really have missed my old friend. Loading that mag, and chambering that round for carry was in itself, like a familiar and cherished feeling. Nothing sounds like a Glock loading up...I'm really glad I spent that time with that friend. And I plan on doing it again soon...and more often.. At least until I pick up my G30 SF... :cool: Moral of the story...?

I just want to encourage each of you to spend time with all of your old friends...you'll be glad you did... :rolleyes:
Yep! Totally agree! They will get very depressed if left alone possibly causing them to be angry at you for neglecting them! :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
kinda, sorta! my only carry gun is g27 and goes with me everywhere. every third of fourth time i go the range the g27 is used solely and exclusively for practice for self defense. the other times i go the range i take 4 or 5 different guns with me just for fun and i rotate them each time i go. if on a very rare occasion i find one is not incuded in the rotation consistently then its a candidate to go to someone else's safe. however this has not happened for many years.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I should invest in some scuba gear. No telling what I'd find in the rivers and lakes!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My close friend this week is my G29SF, next week the G33 comes up in rotation. They all get their chance!

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep! Totally agree! They will get very depressed if left alone possibly causing them to be angry at you for neglecting them! :)
I'm sure the XD-S is probably perturbed at me... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
(It's lonely in that safe...)
I find if you leave a radio on for them if helps with the stress of being alone

Reactions: RMD
1 - 8 of 8 Posts