Glock Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
States like Alaska, Arizona, Vermont (and I think Wyoming) are Constitutional Carry states and you can't get more pro-second amendment than that. Other places - not so much. What is the story on your state?

(I've posted the info on my state, Kentucky, below.)

Kentucky is as close to a Constitutional Carry state as you can get and not be one. THe only thing that requires a permit here is Concealed Carry on your person. No firearms registration, Open Carry, carry in vehicle (plain sight or Glove box/COnsole), all that is OK. Castle Doctrine, Stand your ground, immunity from Civil Lawsuits if you use deadly force legally and so on. They cannot by statute take your weapon in the event of disaster (like they did in New Orleans during Katrina) nor because of civil unrest. Like I say - not a constitutional carry state but almost.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Duplicate Post. Deleted.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duplicate Post again!! (Honest, I'm not trying to do a posting run-up to move up in rankings.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cannot buy a handgun in CT nevermind anything else with it unless you have a permit, whitch you cannot get until 21. As of right now rifles can only be moved in case without ammunition in the same area (i.e gun in gun case in back seat, ammo must be in trunk and not loaded into a mag). No collapsable butt-stocks no bayonets on rifles, no selective fire, and of course, no fully-auto "assault" weapons. I think I missed a few but that's the general gist of how the crappy state looks at guns, qhich they want to make even more strict.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
mass is probably second to n y for the time being. 10 pd triggers, 10 rd mag limit, and mag disconnect. no new glocks, taurus, kimber, and kel-tec must be 21 and have permit to buy gun or ammo. governor has recently proposed to mirror n y.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
We are in good shape here in Texas, I do wish they would pass the open carry even if it is watered down so that accidental exposure is not a problem, or printing.

Reactions: Oldcop

·
Registered
10 Posts
Georgia doesn't seem to be too bad, I've got my concealed carry permit but without it i think you can still keep a gun in your car.

·
Banned
966 Posts
NC has fairly typical CC laws and also allows OC, but if you're in a populated area and some busybody b--ch sees you OCing and calls the law they'll come check it out but as long as you weren't brandishing there's no legal recourse to arrest you. Republicans now control the state for the first time since the Civil War and when they aren't busy stealing from crack babies to feed the rich I'd like to see them relax the CC laws a bit, like allowing in restaurants that serve alcohol and public gatherings.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i'm sure this thread has a long way to go yet, but i can't believe we are all protected by the same 2 amendment and the laws in each state are so different.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Living in Illinois soooooo......

You have to have a Firearms Owners Identification Card to legally possess a firearm, buy ammunition, etc. in Illinois. Places to shoot are few and far between unless you own some land or know someone who will let you shoot on theirs. Can't carry a firearm. Transporting one in a car, they must be unloaded and locked up and the ammunition separate from the gun. A judge recently ruled that the law is unconstitutional and that people should have the right to carry, but the "Chicago crowd" politicians have vowed to appeal and nothing has changed at this time. Some of the States Attorneys here have refused to prosecute people for carrying, but under present Illinois law, they can still be presecuted. Thank God for the federal law allowing current and honorably retired LEOs to carry.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Florida I think is probably in line with Texas, we already see and hear a lot of sheriff departments that claim they won't enforce some of the restrictions being proposed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im here in Oklahoma and we have conceal AND open carry in our state. Oklahoma, along with all our bordering states, have the 2nd amendment running through our blood.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For as liberal as we are here in Washington state our gun laws are not too bad. You don't need a special permit to buy a gun just pass a background check to own a handgun or rifle. Concealed carry is a quick 50 buck and a background check. It can take up to a month for the background check to come through though. Other then that it is an open carry state and you need to have your gun unloaded in your vehicle if you don't have a cc permit.

·
Banned
966 Posts
NC has fairly typical CC laws and also allows OC, but if you're in a populated area and some busybody b--ch sees you OCing and calls the law they'll come check it out but as long as you weren't brandishing there's no legal recourse to arrest you. Republicans now control the state for the first time since the Civil War and when they aren't busy stealing from crack babies to feed the rich I'd like to see them relax the CC laws a bit, like allowing in restaurants that serve alcohol and public gatherings.
And just a day later this comes out: Bill resurrects guns in restaurants. We need them to act in the next two years because I suspect this Republican experiment (see my quote above) will only last that long. Dismantling the state's university system and replacing the income tax with much higher sales taxes won't go over well with a majority of NC voters as recent history has shown. But hey, I'd love to take advantage of the legislature's new cant in the one issue where I'm a "Republican": guns!

EDIT: If you read the Comments at the end you'll see what a tough battle gun rights people have in NC. As a moderate Dem I can understand a lot of their concerns but statements like, "We have POLICE and that's what you pay TAXES for. Let them do their job. If someone is trying to be the next Clint Eastwood, they had better have his money, because I would sue all parties involved." make me throw up in my mouth. This asshat threatens to sue anybody who shoots an armed criminal in his presence.

·
Banned
966 Posts
For as liberal as we are here in Washington state our gun laws are not too bad. You don't need a special permit to buy a gun just pass a background check to own a handgun or rifle. Concealed carry is a quick 50 buck and a background check. It can take up to a month for the background check to come through though. Other then that it is an open carry state and you need to have your gun unloaded in your vehicle if you don't have a cc permit.
That's because your state hasn't been overrun by a bunch of Yankees from the three "News": England, York, and Jersey.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
At the risk of short-circuiting my own thread, there is a website that is excellent in explaining the "can and can-nots" for each state. It doesn't exactly address the second amendment issue but it is very useful for those non-LEOs who travel and wonder what kind of trouble they might get into if they cross a state line with their trusty Glock by their side.

The URL is: Handgunlaw.us

Just click on the state of interest and you'll find a ton of information.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Minnesota is significantly at risk. A number of bills have been proposed from an Assault Weapons Ban, Large capacity magazine ban, body armor ban, and Universal Background checks. Manny of the proposals are tougher then what has been proposed at the Federal Level. The thing that makes Minnesota at risk, is we just elected a Democratic House, Democratic Senate and we had a Democratic Governor. There have been televised discussions in the house all week on the proposed bills, and there has been significant opposition. The only hope we have is that this becomes a rural urban thing instead of a Democratic/Republican thing. Although most Republicans, state wide are against these bills, and the Democrats in Urban areas are strongly in favor, the Democratic in rural areas are not sure. Are only hope is that these Democrats will vote with the republicans to prevent anything from being passed. This week was only for discussion and review of the proposals, they will not be voted on until the end of the month. Here is more details on what is being discussed.

http://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2013/02/gun-control-advocates-opponents-ready-legislators-gun-week

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im in AZ, but I have been emailing some GOA stuff to my Congressmen, and most are very supportive of our 2A, but Ed Pastor wasn't. He said he was for EVERYTHING the president wants to do and more.
People like that are a waste of skin. If you don't like the gun laws in AMERICA, then get the hell out and go to a different country.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
texcowboy...It's on the agenda this legislative session, along with several other things that look promising. There is only one I disagree with, and that is reducing by half, the required CHL instruction hours. 10 is barely enough to cover the essentials. They are talking about reducing it to just 4-6. Mistake. I fully believe in a right to ownership, but in this day and age, we must keep a standard that's worked.
Open carry and right to carry at a college or university are two big ones this year. Although as several of my husband's buddies say, "I wont' participate in open carry. The robber will not use me as an instant target." :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts