Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just on the forum and got an urge to handle my Glocks, it's been a little while since I shot them being busy with work and other stuff. Well I pull out my G22 out of the safe and don't know how it happened but I accidentally dropped it... :eek: Naturally wanting to protect the gun from any scratches I moved my foot under it to break its fall. Light gun or not when the slide with metal sights smacks your foot it hurts like a sunnovagun! lol
Glad I didn't reach for my 1911! ;)

btw I've never dropped a gun before in my life. It was unloaded btw.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I was just on the forum and got an urge to handle my Glocks, it's been a little while since I shot them being busy with work and other stuff. Well I pull out my G22 out of the save and don't know how it happened but I accidentally dropped it :eek: Naturally wanting to protect the gun from any scratches I moved my foot under to to break its fall. Light gun or not when the slide with metal sights smacks your foot it hurts like a sunnovagun! lol
Glad I didn't reach for my 1911! ;)

btw I've never dropped a gun before in my life and it was unloaded.
I'm the same way! Don't want any scratches on my babies! Good thing your foot broke the fall! I know, it sounds painful, but I would have done the same thing!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
wow...glad it worked out...and I hope the foot's ok...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I never put my foot under a falling handgun. I trust the drop trigger to do it's job plus I don't want to introduce an additional unknown factor into the mix. I know the floor is flat and carpeted with no edges to catch the trigger. My shoe on the other foot :) may contribute to an AD and that's not something I want to have happen

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gun was unloaded so accidental discharge was not a concern. That room has a tile floor so I didn't want the gun hit it. Foot still hurts tho :p

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I would have done the same thing. Could have been worse, could have been a G20.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts