Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a signature on a member of an XD forum that said something like sure i'll talk about Glocks but be prepard to get an earfull. I also hear alot of I'll never buy a Glock and Glocks suck. Is it just a ford vs chevy genarel hate kinda thing or is there a legitamate reason I dont know about? I never really hear any specifics. Love mine by the way.

·
Registered
960 Posts
IMO I believe it comes from people that don't think Glocks have a "sexy" look. I'm sure lots of these "haters" never really had experience with Glocks and especially how reliable they are. I know a lot of people have changed their mind after having experience shooting these firearms. I think all Glocks are a thing of beauty and wouldn't feel comfortable carrying anything else. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great gun manufactures out there that make great firearms, but once I got comfortable with the feel and operation of a Glock, I just feel much more confident with this gun. :)

Reactions: Nimbus

·
Registered
960 Posts
And by the way, one of the other gun manufactures that I really like is Springfield's awesome line up. Great firearms there as well! :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
People are just idiots! I ignore all posts that are anti Glock or anti any other gun. I will block people also. You don't like something DON'T BUY IT! Also, a bullet in the head from most guns will kill you wheather the gun "sucks" or not.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It is OK to dislike a brand of firearm or anything else but to post stupid things on Forums concerning the item you hate is so juvanile. I used to dislike Glocks years ago, had one and sold it said never again. But I gave them another chance and now they are my favorite hands down as my collection will attest. I know some grown adults who do the Ford vs Chevy thing and it makes them look ridiculous.

If you dont like a certain brand or model, then dont buy it! Simple enough. Actually I really think most of the trolls that post on these forums are kids getting their kicks, like the recent one we had here. Who else would waste their time unless they were mental pygmys.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
True!
It is OK to dislike a brand of firearm or anything else but to post stupid things on Forums concerning the item you hate is so juvanile. I used to dislike Glocks years ago, had one and sold it said never again. But I gave them another chance and now they are my favorite hands down as my collection will attest. I know some grown adults who do the Ford vs Chevy thing and it makes them look ridiculous.

If you dont like a certain brand or model, then dont buy it! Simple enough. Actually I really think most of the trolls that post on these forums are kids getting their kicks, like the recent one we had here. Who else would waste their time unless they were mental pygmys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ignorance is bliss. There is no logical reason to talk poorly about such a great gun.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts

lol...well put! :D

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I saw a signature on a member of an XD forum that said something like sure i'll talk about Glocks but be prepard to get an earfull. I also hear alot of I'll never buy a Glock and Glocks suck. Is it just a ford vs chevy genarel hate kinda thing or is there a legitamate reason I dont know about? I never really hear any specifics. Love mine by the way.
We don't care...let that junk stay there...it's childplay
People write stuff about other people on bathroom walls, too...doesn't make it true...Just shows their insecurity... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
316 Posts
In my 30+ years of buying guns I think I have owned atleast one of everything out there, even a Hi-Point. out of all the guns I owned there was only 2 that I had major problems with was 1 Taurus PT22 and a Kimber Eclipes. other than that I like all model of guns! Dave

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
what i look for in a gun is trigger, size, weight, and reliability. glocks have always worked for me. i think people who hate glocks are like the people who hate guns in general they are willing to pass judgement on something they know nothing about.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I think it usually affects people with hemorrhoids which has been caused by them talking out of their A$$. There a few people like that, that stop by here now and then but they don't stay long. Guns are like cars and women. The reason there're other cars than the Prius is because not everyone wants a Prius. People have different tastes. No one said that they have to agree with my taste. If they don't like it they can take their hemorrhoids on to another IP and start their own forum. JMHO

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
so easy to hate a leader

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
IMO I believe it comes from people that don't think Glocks have a "sexy" look. I'm sure lots of these "haters" never really had experience with Glocks and especially how reliable they are. I know a lot of people have changed their mind after having experience shooting these firearms. I think all Glocks are a thing of beauty and wouldn't feel comfortable carrying anything else. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great gun manufactures out there that make great firearms, but once I got comfortable with the feel and operation of a Glock, I just feel much more confident with this gun. :)
Amen.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's the only brand of hand gun I've ever owned...and I don't care to own anything else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm surprised no one has said this. You want the real answer, in my opinion? I think it has to do with ignorant individuals who like to stereotype, and who project their hate onto Glocks.

The same people who would never own a Mac-10, an AK, rims on their car, wings on their trunk. Not saying all of those things are great, but it's the same mindset. To them, Glocks are used by drug dealing thugs, so it must be an awful firearm. I know some ranges that won't even allow certain firearms because they "don't want to attract the wrong crowd".

·
Registered
33 Posts
A gun is a tool. The appearance is of little or no consequence.It is a utilitarian object designed to perform a specific function. Some are much nicer to look at than other like let's say a pretty tricked out Colt Series '70 Govt. or a Single Action Army with custom stag grips etc. But,at the end of the day, they are all built to do the exact same thing. Don't feel bad. It took me years to figure out this very simple thing.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here I go again, dredging up a week old thread, but I'm trying to take my mind off how the election is playing out. There definately are folks that have problems with the "asthetics" of Glocks, I used to be one of them, and still am really. If I get the urge to get something out of the safe to fondle and admire it tends to be something other than a Glock. But... when I go to bed it's a Glock that sleeps nearby and gives that warm fuzzy feeling when things go bump in the night.

There is also, I believe, a certain tendancy, particularly among folks that only own one gun, to get real defensive about their choosen brand. Then, as already noted, there are simply people that want to see if they can stir something up by saying something outrageous.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts