Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm new to this forum, but I don't understand why a lot of you list your collection in your signature line. IMHO, the less anyone knows what you have, the better;) Remember the Franchi SPAS 12 and the Street Sweeper?? Anything can change in this political climate:confused: I know it may seem far fetched and maybe a little paranoid, but I just wonder........

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I know I'm new to this forum, but I don't understand why a lot of you list your collection in your signature line. IMHO, the less anyone knows what you have, the better;) Remember the Franchi SPAS 12 and the Street Sweeper?? Anything can change in this political climate:confused: I know it may seem far fetched and maybe a little paranoid, but I just wonder........
Don't forget you can also post what you don't have :) or what you have buried in a secret bunker on Colorado :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
absolutely, its a terrible idea. extremely naive.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Don't forget you can also post what you don't have :) or what you have buried in a secret bunker on Colorado :)
There is a lot of space in Colorado to hide and bury things. Or you can opt for the desert, because there are a lot of holes out there to fill.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I hear what you're saying...seen it a bunch on other forums...I'm not "that guy" either. I'm not opposed to someone that wants to do that, and they'r proud of their collection, and what-not...however, I just don't like to advertise, outside of the fact that all of you know I love Glocks...like the rest of you...I don't want everyone to know what I have, every organization I belong to, and who all I support. I prefer to carry concealed (I like the element of surprise), and I don't put NRA stickers all over my vehicles. While some like to advertise and invite trouble, I like to fly "under the radar"... Please... don't anyone out there who differs with me take offense...I support your right to do what you legally will...I'm not making reference to anyone on this forum...You're all a great bunch of folks as far as I can tell. This post is just about me...and what I do/don't like to do in reference to putting it all out there....

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Gee...did I just say all of that? Wow, I feel better...lol...Now..."Take a deep cleansing breath...exhale..."...good to laugh at yourself sometimes. That one was overdue...I'm sure it was my day that brought it on...Sorry...Hope ya'll still love me...lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hear what you're saying...seen it a bunch on other forums...I'm not "that guy" either. I'm not opposed to someone that wants to do that, and they'r proud of their collection, and what-not...however, I just don't like to advertise, outside of the fact that all of you know I love Glocks...like the rest of you...I don't want everyone to know what I have, every organization I belong to, and who all I support. I prefer to carry concealed (I like the element of surprise), and I don't put NRA stickers all over my vehicles. While some like to advertise and invite trouble, I like to fly "under the radar"... Please... don't anyone out there who differs with me take offense...I support your right to do what you legally will...I'm not making reference to anyone on this forum...You're all a great bunch of folks as far as I can tell. This post is just about me...and what I do/don't like to do in reference to putting it all out there....
I agree, I only list because this is a glock forum, Pretty much everyone on here has firearms so just belonging to this forum is reason enough for the authorities to consider tracking you down and disarming you.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I AM that guy ! Posted my collection, and dont expect Glocks to become illegal. Dont consider myself Naive either. Lets not turn this Forum into Glock Talk !

BTW, I have other firearms besides the Glocks, just listed those as this is a GLOCK Forum.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I AM that guy ! Posted my collection, and dont expect Glocks to become illegal. Dont consider myself Naive either. Lets not turn this Forum into Glock Talk !

BTW, I have other firearms besides the Glocks, just listed those as this is a GLOCK Forum.
I hear ya, and support ya on that...I don't think anyone is trying to go Glock talk...I was just responding to the OP, and my own reasons for going low-key...here on the forum, and in public...Nobody's trying to restrict the conversation by brand...I own others as well

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
We respond in other threads when someone ask a question or has a complaint against a certain Glock model by saying that we have one and did or did not have problems. I see no difference. I believe everyone here believes in the 2nd Amendment and I see no reason to hide the fact that we have handguns. If you have a CCW or belong to the NRA, doesent that give someone a clue that you have a handgun?

I respect the fact that eveyone has an opinion of some sort on this and if you want or dont want to list your collection that is fine. But dont call everyone that does "extremely naive". That is the post I was referring to. The OP was just "wondering" and I did not find his post offensive, only expressing his opinion.

OK, end of Rant !

Reactions: spfldguns

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
We respond in other threads when someone ask a question or has a complaint against a certain Glock model by saying that we have one and did or did not have problems. I see no difference. I believe everyone here believes in the 2nd Amendment and I see no reason to hide the fact that we have handguns. If you have a CCW or belong to the NRA, doesent that give someone a clue that you have a handgun?

I respect the fact that eveyone has an opinion of some sort on this and if you want or dont want to list your collection that is fine. But dont call everyone that does "extremely naive". That is the post I was referring to. The OP was just "wondering" and I did not find his post offensive, only expressing his opinion.

OK, end of Rant !
this is what I say

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It looks as if I may owe an apology to FPW 823 as in rereading the post it looks as if his reply may have been tongue in cheek as he listed his collection also.

If this is the case, I owe a round of drinks it looks like.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
well...this shows one thing for sure...we are passionate about our firearms...no matter what our style...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

OK, end of Rant !
I meant no disrespect, nor did I mean to imply any naivete` towards this forum community. Like I said at the end of my post, maybe I'm a little paranoid. Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intent.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I meant no disrespect, nor did I mean to imply any naivete` towards this forum community. Like I said at the end of my post, maybe I'm a little paranoid. Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intent.
No Problem !!!

Reactions: FPW823

·
Registered
91 Posts
It looks as if I may owe an apology to FPW 823 as in rereading the post it looks as if his reply may have been tongue in cheek as he listed his collection also.

If this is the case, I owe a round of drinks it looks like.
Accepted kind sir..I was wondering if you would catch that

1 - 20 of 41 Posts