Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is there no Glock .45 ACP mid size like the G19 9mm? They go from full size to sub compact except for the Gap.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...
I've discussed that with Glock...lol.....I think they believe they have it covered with the G36...no plans for any "new" models right now

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The G30 is only 10mm shorter than the G23 so basically it is in the compact family even though it is labeled as a sub-compact

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
accoding to glocks catalog the major difference between the 30 and the 36 is the width and weight. the 36 being .14 in narrower and 3.88 ozs lighter also a single stack mag with capacity of six and not interchangeable with other glock 45 mags. if i was looking for another size glock 45 i would look for a 6.29 inch length. since the 21 is 7.59 in long and the 30 and 36 are 6.77 in long

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
accoding to glocks catalog the major difference between the 30 and the 36 is the width and weight. the 36 being .14 in narrower and 3.88 ozs lighter also a single stack mag with capacity of six and not interchangeable with other glock 45 mags. if i was looking for another size glock 45 i would look for a 6.29 inch length. since the 21 is 7.59 in long and the 30 and 36 are 6.77 in long
Right...;)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
And in looking at it in the perspective of Full size, Compact and subcompact..as in the Gen3 G17, 19 and 26:
The G19 (187mm) is 17mm shorter than the G17 (204mm) , and the G26 is yet another 21mm shorter at 166mm...
The G36 (177mm) being only 11 mm longer than the subcompact 26...seems to make it a good fit in the subcompact category as well...Ah, yes...leave it to those great folks @ Glock to make something to keep everyone happy... :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The G30 is only 10mm shorter than the G23 so basically it is in the compact family even though it is labeled as a sub-compact

The G23 is a .40 not a .45 cal. They go from an 8.23 length down to 6.97 with short grips and nothing in between like a G-19.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The G23 is a .40 not a .45 cal. They go from an 8.23 length down to 6.97 with short grips and nothing in between like a G-19.
glock 30sf is 177mm in total length and is classified as a subcompact a g23 is a 40 BUT it is 187mm in total length

Why is there no Glock .45 ACP mid size like the G19 9mm
The Glock 19 gen4 is 185mm in length so basically the 30sf (45) is in the same size as the compacts (8mm shorter) but classified as a subcompact. So I can only assume that the co sees no reason to produce a line of guns just to add 8mm and call it a compact

[video=youtube;ddP7IHHnM4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddP7IHHnM4A[/video]

as far as the shorter grips you can get mag extensions to make up the difference but the pinky finger has nothing to do with grip

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Why is there no Glock .45 ACP mid size like the G19 9mm? They go from full size to sub compact except for the Gap.
As others have said, the G30 is about the same size as the G19, just thicker. They should have just called it a "compact" :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As others have said, the G30 is about the same size as the G19, just thicker. They should have just called it a "compact" :)
I agree, and almost as easy to conceal.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When you get a 36,you wont need another Glock 45!! :)
I believe you are correct. I went to the range and was able to shoot a G36 that someone had there. I expected to feel a massive recoil from such a small .45, but it was not bad at all. Maybe it is because the Glock seems to sit lower in my hand than other guns. If I can get away with having just one .45, I would be happy. I am mostly a 9mm fan because of the low cost of ammo, but I keep getting this urge to own a .45 too.
Steve

·
Registered
960 Posts
I believe you are correct. I went to the range and was able to shoot a G36 that someone had there. I expected to feel a massive recoil from such a small .45, but it was not bad at all. Maybe it is because the Glock seems to sit lower in my hand than other guns. If I can get away with having just one .45, I would be happy. I am mostly a 9mm fan because of the low cost of ammo, but I keep getting this urge to own a .45 too.
Steve
I love my 36! As far as recoil, I was very surprised on how light it was! It is just plain fun to shoot and the only other .45 that I would consider is a 21. But not as a replacement for my 36! That one isn't going anywhere!! :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Steve
The Glock will sit lower in your grip than most .45 cals and because you have more meat holding onto the grip more of the recoil will be going straight back into your forearm than from a colt or a springfield where the gun sits higher. This means more top recoil causing the muzzle to move in an upward direction

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just spoke with Glock and the Glock 30SF, Gen4 won't be released until after the first of the year. May just get the Gen 3 SF before the election, just in case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts