Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is everyone always so up in arms about these brands.
fighting, reliability wars, yotta, yotta, yotta .....

I own 1 of each, they each have their merits, each has their downfalls.

why do the HK people think their guns are better, and vice versa?

is it loyalty? or preference ?

or just something to complain about ?

is it really worth the markup in price for the HK, i this so, for their extra milling precess, and the cut lies and mfgr'ing process of the HK over the standard Glock slide/aesthetics.

just would like your thoughts..

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I like lots of guns. I am a Glock guy, but only because of a few Glocks that really work for me.

The venerable Glock 17 is nothing to me. I have zero interest in it, or it’s similarly sized brethren.

It’s the compact Glocks that have me on board. The Glock 19, 23, 32, 30, and 29 are the best in class.

I long for a competitor to make something I like better. I buy many of the competitors’ offerings (CZ 75 Compact, Sig p320c, HK VP9, Smith M&P 2.0C,...) but I carry a compact Glock every day. It’s the right size and shape, right capacity, it’s flat, I shoot it very well, and it’s reliable.

That’s why I’m a Glock guy.

BTW, if I couldn’t carry a Glock, the Sig p320c 9mm is my next choice.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
its like having an ugly child..... its yours

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hk’s look better and are of impeccable quality.
Glocks don’t look quite as nice, but may be ever so slightly more reliable when very dirty due to their slightly looser tolerances.

Each has their own wow factor. Both are reliable and shoot well.
I don’t get the animosity towards one another. (The owners) I understand loyalty, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

I love both brands, as well as many others. The Sig SRT trigger is just a modern perfect invention! While glock and Hk pales in comparison when triggers are talked about.

I’m just ranting. Talking...... to make conversation.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
They say the HK USP series is utterly reliable. The DA/SA has become unpopular, but I still dig it. The other problem is people’s reluctance to holster an $800 pistol every day.

The VP9 is easy to shoot accurately and has great ergonomics, but torture tests, trigger reset annoyances, and size and shape have reduced their popularity for EDC use.

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
#1 $800 carry gun. Use it in a SD capacity? Kiss it good bye.

My 17 is like a Cadillac to me. Really comfy. It's rather large to conceal IWB. I don't regret buying it. It's a great gun to carry on the 2nd of the month in open carry world.

IMO the 1911 is the best looking hand gun. Do I own one? I could. Not high on my priorities. The HK video you posted on another thread is ugly to me.

"Hk’s look better and are of impeccable quality." Still wonder why that guy in your viedo had an unintentional double tap. That could turn to shit in a SD situation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
#1 $800 carry gun. Use it in a SD capacity? Kiss it good bye.

My 17 is like a Cadillac to me. Really comfy. It's rather large to conceal IWB. I don't regret buying it. It's a great gun to carry on the 2nd of the month in open carry world.

IMO the 1911 is the best looking hand gun. Do I own one? I could. Not high on my priorities. The HK video you posted on another thread is ugly to me.

"Hk’s look better and are of impeccable quality." Still wonder why that guy in your viedo had an unintentional double tap. That could turn to shit in a SD situation.

yup, a pistol used in a HD scenario, will get scooped up by your local police, and miraculously end up in one of the officers safes. a very expensive loss to the owner. which its better to use a less expensive firearm for HD or carry.
and use your much nicer ones for range use only, or IDPA courses, where there is no chance of them getting taken.

many people collect a specific brand(s), and shoot only others.
its an expensive hobby.should i ever win the lottery, ill move to a better state, and join idpa etc, for something to do. currently, money and jobs wont allow it.
kudos to those who can afford thousands for cool firearms/and collecting them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
why is everyone always so up in arms about these brands.
fighting, reliability wars, yotta, yotta, yotta .....

I own 1 of each, they each have their merits, each has their downfalls.

is it loyalty? or preference ?

or just something to complain about ?

is it really worth the markup in price for the HK, i this so, for their extra milling precess, and the cut lies and mfgr'ing process of the HK over the standard Glock slide/aesthetics.

just would like your thoughts..

I have owned and carried a G17 since 1989, and it has never let me down. No jams or misfires. Great ccw gun; only 23 ounces loaded.

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Oh... I forgot to add this.. The fit and finish is perfect on my 23 and I can find more accessories for it than any other pistol out there, and I can also quite easily switch to 9mm or 357 sig. Not too many other pistols offer this as moderately priced..

I could quite easily have only the 23 and get rid of the rest and become a true glockaholic, but not yet... Lol

Mac
You need a couple of Hi-Points!!! Accurate, good fit and finish! And great to take fishing for ballast or anchors. I have been way to busy I will be posting pics of a G19, and G17 in ODG I rejected at the store to get refinished.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts