Glock Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was first researching about getting my first personal Glock I noticed what was seemingly, to me, a new trend. Painting your weapon or mags, at first i thought to myself I would never need a bedazzled mag or firearm. Untill I gave it a go with one of my mags.
IMG_0299.jpg

Once I noticed the difference, I said to my self.. "Well sh*t. if i had this in my last OIS it would have been a hell of a lot easier to keep round count." If anyone has been in an Officer Involved Shooting or combat of any sort, you know counting rounds while in the fight is flipping difficult. The contrast would have be so helpful for that OIS because I cycled through 3 mags. one time picking one up that had 3 rounds that I thought had at least 6 left. If it were painted I would have seen it better.
I went on to color the rest of my personal mags
Red, white, blue and what i like to call zombie green :D
IMG_0301.jpg

this very easy DIY "paiting" can be a life saver, in a combative use of force situation or ease on your eyes when doing a round count in a mag..

Plus it looks cool!! :p
IMG_0302.jpg

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hmm. I've never had an issue reading the numbers on the mag. My problem has been seeing the round through a hole that wasn't properly cut.

If it works for others then awesome.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
looks great but what is the point, if they are in the gun no one sees it.

Reactions: slickrocktom

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not for anyone, its for me.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have thought of doing that, I admit to having to squint to see the numbers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Another good thing for color coding mags is for those Evil Black Rifle shooters. I witnessed what will happen if you grab the wrong mag and chamber 300 blk in a 5.56 mm. Since a 30 cal bullet wont make it very far down the tube on a 5.56 all that pressure has to go somewhere. A color coded mag could have saved a lot of heartache.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts