Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored and tore some stuff up :)

All the parts seemed to go back together OK...can't wait to see if it still works :cool:

(didn't strip the slide as I've done that many times before)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Brave man...I never tackled it that far...I'm sure you'll get it right at the range...Happy shooting...!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I signed up for the Glock Armorer's Course in September, I figure I'd better at least attempt it once :)

It was much easier than I thought and I really appreciate the genius of the design!

I followed this video:

[video=youtube;oV0wDDFV0NY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY[/video]

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Wow...Thanks, RMD, for posting that..Looks lengthy, and can't watch tonite, but I'll hang on to that...Let us know how you did...(at the range) lol

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I am not that brave !

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd suggest buying a Glock Armorer's Tool (less than $10). It's really all you need to detail strip a Glock.

Try the slide first - very easy and hard to screw up :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have the Glock Armorers tool, but not the nerve to use it yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can attest to the Glock toole being the only thing you need to tear them down to every last piece! I did have a stubborn pin on my 39 that just wouldnt budge. I had to break out a punch and a hammer for that.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can attest to the Glock toole being the only thing you need to tear them down to every last piece! I did have a stubborn pin on my 39 that just wouldnt budge. I had to break out a punch and a hammer for that.
I stripped my G32 - it's seen a few years and a few rounds. I'll be those pins are a lot tighter on my newer pieces though.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have the Glock Armorers tool, but not the nerve to use it yet.
You're one up on me, texcowboy...I don't have the armorers tool, or the nerve to use it yet...!!! need to take the course, though...!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Too scared to try that yet.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took the G32 to the range today, along with my new gen4 G17 (which I had detail stripped a few days later), and they both ran like the glockin' bosses they are :)

whew!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hey hey hey...!!! Good job...! Breathing a sigh of relief with ya...lol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks.

I was seriously (well...curiously) wondering if the frame was going to fly off with the first shot :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure the firearm is unloaded. Point the firearm in a safe direction. Cycle the slide and dry fire the gun a couple of times. If the gun dry fires OK (no binding, difficulty racking slide) cycle the slide to load the trigger. Put a standard pencil in the barrel. Make sure the eraser goes in first. Aim the gun with pencil in the barrel in a safe direction, squeeze the trigger. The pencil should leave the barrel. If the gun didn't fly apart, and the pencil left the barrel - you shouldn't have any problems when you go to the range. Look at the eraser, you will probably see a mark on it that resembles the imprint left on a primer. If you have the Glock tool (or a punch of similar diameter), the mechanical aptitude of changing your engine oil/filter, coupled with an internet connection - Glocks are the easiest pistols to disassemble/reassemble.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have always been afraid to take the frame all the way down to bare state, but with this video I think I might be able to do it. Thank you so much! Dave

On a side note, If I do this and can not get it back together I WILL be making a trip to your house with all the parts!!!!! loololololololol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Make sure the firearm is unloaded. Point the firearm in a safe direction. Cycle the slide and dry fire the gun a couple of times. If the gun dry fires OK (no binding, difficulty racking slide) cycle the slide to load the trigger. Put a standard pencil in the barrel. Make sure the eraser goes in first. Aim the gun with pencil in the barrel in a safe direction, squeeze the trigger. The pencil should leave the barrel. If the gun didn't fly apart, and the pencil left the barrel - you shouldn't have any problems when you go to the range. Look at the eraser, you will probably see a mark on it that resembles the imprint left on a primer. If you have the Glock tool (or a punch of similar diameter), the mechanical aptitude of changing your engine oil/filter, coupled with an internet connection - Glocks are the easiest pistols to disassemble/reassemble.
I've never thought about shooting a pencil out of my Glocks, but you're right about how easy it was!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have always been afraid to take the frame all the way down to bare state, but with this video I think I might be able to do it. Thank you so much! Dave

On a side note, If I do this and can not get it back together I WILL be making a trip to your house with all the parts!!!!! loololololololol
:)

Just remember to remove the 3 pins in the correct order (and from left to right) and to put them back in the right order (not the same order they were removed - and from right to left).

If you've never detailed stripped the slide, you might just do that and call it a day. That's what I did (months ago) and it built my confidence to a point where I was ready to tackle the frame. Plus, the slide has parts & channels that should be "dry" cleaned every so often (I use 90% rubbing alcohol).

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
You guys inspire me...for sure...but I think I'll take the armorers course first...As for the pencils...hmmm, who'd a thunk it?...lol That's so much cheaper than buying ammo...Just keep those old stubbie pencils that we use to throw away..and you can cross calibers and it doesn't matter. I wonder if it needs to be a #2...? How do they work in a magazine?...just kidding...ya'll are great...I hope to be able to work on my own one day, but to this point I've never really had much of a problem.... :D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Thanks.

I was seriously (well...curiously) wondering if the frame was going to fly off with the first shot :)
That would be horrible, yet awesome at the same time!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.