Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, here goes...I need help finding an FIE 1851 Navy replica . My father had a set of these when we were kids. He had to sell one to help pay for our Christmas one year. This year for ChristmasI want to make his set complete again.

It's an FIE 1851 Navy Replica. It has naval ships engraved on the cylinder and "Patent N" stamped on the cylinder as well. The brass frame is engraved too. On the underside of the grip it has a "P" with a "R" over top of it, followed by FIE. It's a black powder (obviously), .36 caliber. If you have one for sale or know where I can get one, PLEASE shoot me a PM.

Door Wood Wood stain Door handle Material property Finger Wood Helmet Circle Thumb Material property Gas Gun accessory Auto part Cylinder Natural material Audio equipment Wood Personal protective equipment Metal Revolver Trigger Everyday carry Scissors Gun barrel

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
If Dixie Gun Works should no longer have them, let me know I believe I have one hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
960 Posts
No doubt that I admire what you are doing! If you are able to come up with one, you will, no doubt, make Christmas very special for your father! Good luck! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks for all the help guys. It's hard to tell from the pic if the one at dixie gun works has the brass engraved. I will have to call or email them today. I found a couple on auction sites but they had been sold. I'll keep ya posted. Texcowboy, if you do in fact have one with the engraved brass, can you PM me a price? Much appreciated.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Your problem is not going to finding one; but finding one with all the engraving. Original early models had none, colt started doing The cylinders because of other copying his gun. he started doing it to make it harder for others to claim theirs was the real deal. They never had all the engraving your (in the pic) does. That was a MFG's add on to make the guns more marketable

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Got the old wall hanger down this morning and it does not match your description and is 44 cal. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's ok. I appreciate the help Thank you. I have emailed dixie. Waiting for response.
Called them this morning..spoke with a lady that said that the one I referred you to has the engraving on there...I would definitely follow up with them...Being as FIE is out of business, it's gonna be real tough to find that exact one. She also said they do have those in stock, and a pair of those would be a great idea for what you're wanting to do.(If you like them)...good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looked at uberti, they are close, but not exact. Rowabi, I just need one as I have his other original that I'm just trying to match. I will give them a call. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yeh, I hear ya...just wasn't sure they were totally identical...worse case scenario is replacing the set...Hope it works out...let us know... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll keep you posted. Still got feelers out everywhere. I found a couple identical ones on auction sites, but of course ended...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'll keep you posted. Still got feelers out everywhere. I found a couple identical ones on auction sites, but of course ended...
Same here...found a couple but they were gone...it'll work out :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, word from Dixie is the engraving doesn't match. Two gun shows later nothing much. About 4 close, but no cigars...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts